LaCie and Wuala Merge to Create a Cloud of Storage Devices
Today, LaCie announced a merger with Caleido AG, the creators of the innovative online storage service, Wuala. Luzius Meisser, Co-Founder of Caleido said, "Wuala is an exciting technology that builds its reliable and secure cloud storage by harnessing idle resources."
Wuala assembles centralized and distributed storage; the result is a reliable and scalable service. Once files are placed in Wuala, they are securely encrypted before being cut into several redundant fragments disseminated and stored on a cloud of computers.
"Users will gain online storage while trading disk space; that way, they will securely protect their valuable data. They can access it from anywhere and easily share files with selected peers. As privacy tends to be a major issue when talking about digital life and data management, everything is encrypted and a robust rights management system protects files from unauthorized access," said Dominik Grolimund, Co-creator of Wuala, "We will also bring this technology to enterprises and professional customers, who will soon take advantage of our services with both cloud and data center-based storage."
LaCie has plans to implement this first real "cloud storage" technology into its ranges of storage devices, offering a powerful and combined solution for storage--local storage on devices for fast access, and secured remote storage on the cloud, for easy sharing and complete data versatility.
"For 20 years, LaCie massively promoted hard drive technologies; today, as a leader on storage market, we will be a first mover in the next leading technologies: flash-based storage, and cloud storage. With this merger, LaCie will morph from a pure hardware manufacturer to a solution provider. These new technologies will be amazing for our customers and will enhance their experience," Philippe Spruch concluded.
Latest News Posts
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- Fully prep for the ITIL Foundation Exam for just $39
- Expert says self-driving cars means more car sex
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched