ADATA Technology, a leading manufacturer of high performance DRAM modules, NAND Flash products, and mobile accessories today launched the Ultimate SU900 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s SSD, which signals further expansion in 3D NAND Flash storage.
Moves big to 3D NAND Flash with an SSD that packs up to 2TB in a high performance package
The SU900 delivers high-grade 3D MLC NAND and uses the SMI 2258 controller. Most importantly, it offers up to 2TB capacity, reinforced by performance-boosting SLC Cache Buffer and DRAM Cache. For data integrity, the SU900 offers LDPC error correction, data shaping, wear leveling, and RAID Engine. It reaches 560MB/s read and 525MB/s write, and includes a 2.5mm spacer and 3.5" bracket in the box. ADATA provides a 5-year warranty with the drive.
3D MLC NAND in diverse capacities
The time has come for 3D NAND SSDs to realize their higher density potential, and so the SU900 lineup includes a 2TB model. However, consumers can choose 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB variants based on needs and budgets. Flash on the SU900 is high-grade 3D MLC (multi-level cell), ensuring improved reliability, longevity, and performance.
The SSD employs an SMI 2258 controller, pushing 560MB/s read, 525MB/s write, and 85K/90K IOPS. Thanks to ADATA sorting and quality assurance, the SU900 has a TBW (total bytes written) of up to 800TB and an MTBF (mean time before failure) of 2,000,000 hours.
Sustained high performance and tight data integrity
While many SSDs claim high theoretical speeds, their performance can be compromised by heavy data loads or long read/write sessions. Like most ADATA SSDs, the SU900 has onboard DRAM Cache Buffer and SLC Cache Buffer (pSLC mode) to compensate for stress and make sure performance does not suffer undesirable dips.
To minimize NAND cell wear-out, the SU900 supports data shaping, wear leveling, and RAID Engine. It also has intelligent LDPC ECC (low density parity check error-correcting code) to eliminate the vast majority of potential data errors.
Consequently, the SU900 not only vastly outperforms mechanical drives but is also exponentially more dependable long-term.
Complete package for easy, seamless install and continued peace of mind
The standard 7mm height and 2.5" form factor of the SU900 fits any ultrabook, notebook, and the PS4/PS4 Pro, making for a quick and smooth swap-in upgrade. The retail box also contains a 2.5mm spacer/riser for a better fit in 9.5mm tall drive bays, as well as a 3.5" bracket.
This ensures virtually universal installation ease on everything from the lightest ultrabooks to high-end desktops. Reflecting the quality and care that go into producing the SU900, the SSD is covered by a 5-year warranty.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Only 37% of active PS4 users bought PS Plus
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017