PGL and KeSPA (Korea e-Sports Association) announce their new partnership to run CS:GO tournaments in South Korea, beginning with the PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia taking place between May 5-8, 2016 in the Nexon eSports Arena, Seoul.
The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia will reinvent the Asian CS:GO scene, setting itself apart as the first tournament of its kind to take place in South Korea.
The event will include eight of the most popular up-and-coming Asian teams and the biggest prize pool for a CS:GO tournament in Korean history: $50.000. Furthermore, the top two placed teams will get a spot in the offline qualifier for the next CS:GO Major (as of yet unannounced).
Teams Mongolz and Renegades have been directly invited, based on their past performances. The six other squads which will make up the tournament's groups will be fielded via open qualifiers:
- Korean Qualifier - 2 teams;
- China Qualifier - 2 teams;
- South - Eastern Asia Qualifier - 2 teams.
Prize pool breakdown
1st place: $30,000
2nd place $15,000
3rd place: $5,000
Korean fans will be able to enjoy this one-of-a-kind event live in the Nexon eSports Arena (free entrance) or through IPTV and CATV, marking another first for the local CS:GO scene: the first tournament to be broadcast on television.
For updates on the PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia, including the qualifier schedule and talent line-up, please check the official competition website.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 5 processors hit some retailers, 3 weeks early
- Madcatz delisted from New York Stock Exchange
- Director claims Rotten Tomatoes is 'destroying film'
- Destiny 2 'leak' reveals September release date
- Last Galaxy S8 leak before launch - the box
- NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse