PGL and KeSPA (Korea e-Sports Association) announce their new partnership to run CS:GO tournaments in South Korea, beginning with the PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia taking place between May 5-8, 2016 in the Nexon eSports Arena, Seoul.
The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia will reinvent the Asian CS:GO scene, setting itself apart as the first tournament of its kind to take place in South Korea.
The event will include eight of the most popular up-and-coming Asian teams and the biggest prize pool for a CS:GO tournament in Korean history: $50.000. Furthermore, the top two placed teams will get a spot in the offline qualifier for the next CS:GO Major (as of yet unannounced).
Teams Mongolz and Renegades have been directly invited, based on their past performances. The six other squads which will make up the tournament's groups will be fielded via open qualifiers:
- Korean Qualifier - 2 teams;
- China Qualifier - 2 teams;
- South - Eastern Asia Qualifier - 2 teams.
Prize pool breakdown
1st place: $30,000
2nd place $15,000
3rd place: $5,000
Korean fans will be able to enjoy this one-of-a-kind event live in the Nexon eSports Arena (free entrance) or through IPTV and CATV, marking another first for the local CS:GO scene: the first tournament to be broadcast on television.
For updates on the PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia, including the qualifier schedule and talent line-up, please check the official competition website.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- Andy Rubin's Essential teases its upcoming flagship
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017