Originally launched five years ago, the Shuttle XS-Series of fanless computers is now the longest-serving family of products in the company's range of machines. New versions of the XS35 and XS36, packed with the latest of features, have been introduced at regular intervals with the fifth generation becoming available today. Although both models share a similar platform, they differ in terms of looks and features.
Both versions sport an Intel Celeron N3050 dual-core processor clocked at 1.6 GHz and support up to 8 GB of DDR3L memory on one SO-DIMM slot. Both the XS35V5 Pro and XS36V5 come with a card reader, WLAN and Intel Gigabit Ethernet already built in. 2x USB 3.0, 3x USB 2.0, HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA and audio connections are provided at the front and rear. Inside the chassis of the XS35V5 Pro sits a conventional USB 2.0 port that can be fitted with a USB stick or other USB expansions. The two serial interfaces on the front panel of the XS36V5 are ideally suitable for machine and device control applications.
When it comes to energy consumption, these new models show their real strength. More frugal than ever, they barely use less than 9 W during operation in a typical hardware configuration. As there are absolutely no failure-critical components such as fans inside, these barebones PCs are particularly reliable and even approved for continuous 24/7 operation.
For the first time with this series of models the three monitor connections (HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA) can be operated in parallel.
The 36 mm thin XS36V5 has space for one SATA 6 Gbit/s 2.5" drive, whereas the XS35V5 Pro also has room for an additional slimline drive or, with a separately available installation frame, a second 2.5" drive can be installed. In contrast to its predecessors, the XS35V5 Pro has a brushed aluminium chassis and a completely new look.
Optional accessories include a VESA mount (PV01 for XS35V5 Pro, PV03 for XS36V5) and the afore mentioned installation frame for a second 2.5" drive (PHD2 for XS35V5 Pro).
Shuttle's recommended retail price for the XS35V5 Pro Barebone is 182.00 Euro, while it is 181.00 Euro for the XS36V5. Both prices exclude Vat. At the time of publication of this press release the specified models are available from specialist retailers Europe-wide.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD