Mozilla's highly popular internet browser, Firefox has just seen a significant update, moving version 3.6 out of beta phase into final status.
One of the biggest improvements compared to 3.5's final/official build is a good boost on performance, said to be up to 20% faster, while 3.5 was already a large jump forward in performance from 3.0.
Of course, there are a large array of new features added into 3.6 as well. These include :-
• Personas: Personalise the look of your Firefox by selecting new themes called Personas in a single click and without a restart
• Plugin Updater: To keep you safe from potential security vulnerabilities, Firefox will now detect out of date plugins
• Stability improvements: Firefox 3.6 significantly decreased crashes caused by third party software - all without sacrificing our extensibility in any way
• Form Complete: When filling out an online form, Firefox suggests information for fields based on your common answers in similar field
• Open Video and Audio: implementation of HTML 5 audio and video support, now video can be displayed full screen and supports poster frames
While Safari or Chrome still offers significantly better performance, Firefox is that perfect balance between maximum compatibility and performance. The download is freely and readily available now, weighing in at just under 8MB.