HIS X1800GTO - The Packaging
While GeCube haven't done much with their box, HIS has. Normally we have the clear window on the front of the box showing the card and listing the features.
The new box looks great and gives us our normal information - 256MB DDR3, Dual Link DVI, VIVO along with the Turbo speeds, Crossfire Ready logo and of course the massive IceQ 3 logo which means we have something other then the reference cooler for once.
Moving to the back of the card we have our old faithful window that shows us the card. The new box design is great as it now points to the main features of the card and tells us exactly what they offer. Like low noise, increased air flow, dual slot and more. We also see a number of awards that HIS have won.
The cable collection on the inside is exactly the same as we found on the GeCube card - PCI Express 6-pin power connector, HDTV component out cable, VIVO cable with S-Video and RCA along with an S-Video and RCA cable. It's your standard run of the mill cables.
We also have included two DVI connectors if you want to run multiple monitors but don't use a DVI monitor. Also is the filter for the other slot, while it is meant to help keep the dust out but with the gaps being so large, you will probably find yourself not installing it for maximum airflow out of the case.
On the paperwork side of things we have the User Guide/Manual and a nice little HIS Power Up sticker so you can display your HIS graphics card loudly and proudly.
HIS, as always, have a very solid software bundle included in the package. The HIS Excalibur CD has a number of different programs and a copy of Dungeon Siege, the driver CD comes in next which is then followed by a copy of PowerDVD and finally a copy of Flat Out which might not be the most intensive game but it is an absolute bucket load of fun.
HIS always put a good package together on their IceQ models and this one does not disappoint. Let's have a closer look at the card and its funky new cooler.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid graphics card
- ARM announces new CPUs and GPU at Computex 2017
- ASUS leaks its own Strix X299-E motherboard
- You've less than 7 days to enter our 'Rings' giveaway!
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017