Top of the range graphics cards have taken the entire spotlight lately with talks of Quad SLI, GeForce 7950GX2 and issues which users are experiencing with overclocked GeForce 7900GT cards - the talk is very much focused on the high-end nVidia camp at the moment.
This isn't to say that ATI aren't turning out anything to get all excited about, it just means that nobody seems to be paying any real attention to what they are doing right now. For companies like HIS and GeCube though, who only concentrate on ATI graphics cards, it isn't a fun time for them.
So today after putting away all our nVidia graphics cards and cracking open some new ATI cards, that have made their way into our labs recently, we will let both HIS and GeCube be the first to take a run on our new benchmark suite. It has had a few programs kicked out and welcomed some new ones with open arms.
We have the arrival of Lost Coast with HDR enabled and disabled and the departure of Far Cry, since it doesn't serve us well as a VGA benchmark anymore because it is too dependent on the CPU. We would (of course) love to include Oblivion because it's the hottest game of the moment, however due to benchmarking challenges (no way to run consistent benchmark tests), we haven't added it yet but hopefully someone will come up with a benchmarking program for it soon. We'll be adding in a couple new games soon but we are yet to decide what - if you have any suggestions, you are welcome to leave a comment below which we WILL read.
We have with us two Radeon graphics cards today, the HIS X1800GTO and the GeCube X1900GT. Let's check them out individually and then move onto the important performance figures.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ViaSat teams with Boeing for 1Tbps satellites, launches in 2019
- In 8 hours, Windows 10 sends data to Microsoft IP addresses 5500 times
- Magic Leap and Virtuix are the newest members of the ESA
- Opera receives $1.2 billion bid from Chinese consortium
- Filming on 'Star Wars Episode VIII' kicks off
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance