As you can see from the bottom left we have the 7600GT moving up to the 7900GTX up the top. The length on each card differs which is good for people with Shuttle XPC's as they will have no problems at all with the 7900GT.
Both the 7600GT and 7900GT use the same cooler. While looking at it you think it is adequate for the 7600GT although you become slightly worried that it might be a bit small for the bigger and more powerful 7900GT which does pump out more heat when compared to the 7600GT.
We can also see that no memory sinks are used on both these models. This isn't really a bad thing due to DDR3 running much cooler then previous generations of DDR memory.
The 7900GTX moves to the larger cooler that we saw on the 512MB variant of the 7800GTX. Gigabyte is using the reference cooler with a sticker in the middle showing the Gigabyte logo.
Both the 7900GTX and 7900GT need an extra power connector to run at their maximum performance since the PCI Express port cannot provide enough power and as usual it is located at the top right hand corner of the card. The 7600GT on the other hand gets enough power from the PCI Express connector that it doesn't need anymore.
All cards offer SLI abilities and are located all in the same place. Thanks to Gigabyte we will be looking at all three cards in SLI today and making plenty of use of that little connecter located at the top of the card.
Gigabyte's complete line up all run at stock speeds. That means the 7600GT comes clocked at 560/1400 (Core/Memory), the 7900GT comes in at 450/1320 and the GTX clocks are a healthy 650/1600.
While the clock speeds on the 7900GT are lower then the 7600GT, the amount of pipelines come into play. Both the 7900GT and GT come in with a large 24 pipelines which is the same as we saw on the 7800GTX and 7800GTX 512MB - the 7800GT which was the entry level high-end card only had 20 pipelines. The 7600GT comes in at 12 which is 1/2 of what the 7900 cards offer meaning that while the clocks are higher then the 7900GT, it isn't as fast.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Interview with Boba Fett from ANHSE, an animation mastermind
- Michael Fassbender compares Assassin's Creed movie with The Matrix
- The best-paid CEO in the US is Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google
- 1Password updated, features Material Design UI and fingerprint unlock
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance