Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Sequential read transfers max out at 1.028 GB/s, and sequential write transfers max out at 0.968 GB/s.
Write performance is nearly identical to the M550, and second only to Samsung's 840 EVO.
Read performance is not as strong as the M550, or most of the other arrays on our chart.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: RC6
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can choose to run a full test, or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test (i.e. 4k QD16).
10,000 points is a very good score for a 2 drive array running on Windows 8.1
Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Surprisingly, we see our MX100 array easily outperforming our M550 array. With enthusiast grade performance like this, it is hard to believe the MX100 is a value drive.
Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Again, our MX100 array handily outperforms our M550 array. We give the win to Seagate's 600 Pro, which is a write juggernaut, but the MX100 is able to outperform its intended target, Samsung's 840 EVO.
Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
CrystalDiskMark is disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4k and 4k queue depths with accuracy.
Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at 4 and 32.
The numbers are excellent across the board; especially sequential speed. I think we are beginning to see that Crucial's 16nm flash can deliver enthusiast grade performance for an incredible bargain.
Only our Extreme II array has better sequential performance than our MX100 array. The16nm flash appears to have a performance disadvantage at 4K QD:32 read; however, it's definitely the least important metric of any on our chart.
Our MX100 array delivers a performance that's equivalent to that of our current RAID champion, the Intel 730 array. Seagate's 600 pro wins this competition because it delivers massive performance at 4K QD:4, which none of our other arrays can touch.
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.7.4739.38088
AS SSD determines the performance of Solid-State Drives (SSD). The tool contains four synthetic tests, as well as three practice tests. The synthetic tests are used to determine the sequential, and random read and write performance of the SSD.
AS SSD confirms what we saw with CDM. In 4K read performance at a very high QD, Crucial's 16nm flash shows a weakness in comparison to 20nm flash. Again, this is the least important metric of any on our chart, and you will see why as we move into real-world simulations.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Drive Details, Test System Setup, Drive Properties, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO, Anvil Storage Utilities, CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017