8K Random Read/Write
The Optimus provides much more performance in a tighter range than the Vector and 840 Pro.
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The Vector truly shines with pure random read workloads, again topping the chart. The 840 Pro performs admirably as well, managing to best the Optimus in this test.
The average 8K random write speed flips the tables on the client SSDs, highlighting an inherent strength of the Optimus.
The relevant results of this battery of tests again fall to our write percentage testing. We can observe the massive drop in performance of the client hardware with the addition of even the slightest of write workloads.
The Vector manages to provide 60% of its I/O during the test at 4ms, much better than the competing SSDs. The numerous results that fall much higher, up to the limit of our recording at 200ms, conspire to remove the latency advantage. The Optimus provides steady performance with the highest results landing at 10ms.
Both the Vector and the 840 Pro had large percentages (10.7% and 8.2%, respectively) fall higher than our chart illustrates, at 200-400ms. More concerning is the smattering of I/O's that fell into the 800-1000ms range for both SSDs.
The Optimus again requires the most power for operation, and the Vector touts an impressively low power consumption.
The Optimus again proves to be more efficient, with an average of 2,800 IOPS per Watt. The Vector comes in second with 1,300 IOPS per Watt. The Samsung 840 Pro comes in a distant third place.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Client v Enterprise Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 8 [Fileserver and Emailserver]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis