Earlier today we bought you a review on the NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 2GB, and for all our personal issues with NVIDIA, we made it pretty clear that this is an absolutely awesome video card from the green team that offers some serious power.
Since that went live we've been hard at work overclocking the new model to see just how much performance we could get out of it. To do that there's only one program we used, and that's of course MSI Afterburner which has always served us extremely well when it comes to GPU overclocking.
Overclocking didn't go as smoothly as we'd hope, though. Again due to a complete lack of communication from NVIDIA we found ourselves pushing up the clocks, but seeing no gains. Thanks to some companies that actually do like to deal with us, we found out that you had to go into "Settings" on MSI Afterburner and adjust the Power Limit of the video card.
In our case we move it from 100%, to the maximum amount, which is 132%. With that done we found ourselves finally seeing some performance gains. With that all up and running it was time to move forward and see just what we could get.
Of course before we cover the performance the first thing we need to do is look over the testbed on the next page and of course check out the overclocking levels we got. Once that's done we'll then get into the performance side of things before we wrap everything up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One X trade-in offer revealed
- PlayerUnknown: we want PC version of PUBG on Xbox
- Xbox One X pre-orders available now
- 100 games will be enhanced on Xbox One X
- Our 'Guardians' giveaway is out of this Galaxy!
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect