Earlier today we bought you a review on the NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 2GB, and for all our personal issues with NVIDIA, we made it pretty clear that this is an absolutely awesome video card from the green team that offers some serious power.
Since that went live we've been hard at work overclocking the new model to see just how much performance we could get out of it. To do that there's only one program we used, and that's of course MSI Afterburner which has always served us extremely well when it comes to GPU overclocking.
Overclocking didn't go as smoothly as we'd hope, though. Again due to a complete lack of communication from NVIDIA we found ourselves pushing up the clocks, but seeing no gains. Thanks to some companies that actually do like to deal with us, we found out that you had to go into "Settings" on MSI Afterburner and adjust the Power Limit of the video card.
In our case we move it from 100%, to the maximum amount, which is 132%. With that done we found ourselves finally seeing some performance gains. With that all up and running it was time to move forward and see just what we could get.
Of course before we cover the performance the first thing we need to do is look over the testbed on the next page and of course check out the overclocking levels we got. Once that's done we'll then get into the performance side of things before we wrap everything up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google eyeing off massive new complex in San Jose
- World of Tanks running on Xbox One X at 4K
- Uber CEO resigns after months of controversy
- LA Noire might get remastered with first-person, VR mode
- Lenovo teases notebook with flexible display
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- repairing rj45 port on g751j laptop
- Lenovo ThinkStation P910 Workstation PC Review
- Ethereum mining @ 1GH/s: 40 x GPUs = $5000 per month
- Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3000 32GB Memory Kit Review
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller
- Full E3 Coliseum lineup announced