Already really impressed with what the new HD 7800 series can offer, it's time to throw a second HD 7870 into the mix and see what kind of performance this $700 CrossFire setup brings to that table. If previous HD 7000 series cards are anything to go by, though, we should get some great performance with impressive scaling.
Because we're dealing with reference cards today, and we've already looked at the model there's not a lot we have to do before we get into the testbed side of things. If you want to take a closer look at the cards we're using today then again I recommend you head on over to the standalone reviews we did.
The only thing we need to do is fire up GPU-Z and make sure that everything looks correct. Looking below you can see our cards are clocked at the default clock speeds which put the card at 1000MHz on the core and 4800MHz QDR on the 2GB of GDDR5 memory.
The other piece of information we want to make sure is correct comes in the form of making sure CrossFire is running. Having a look at the bottom you can see that it's indeed enabled and in the form of 2 GPUs. There's really not much more that has to be said so let's just look at our testbed and the cards we'll be using today in our comparisons before we get into the performance side of things to see what this CrossFire setup can do.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo NX will launch with a 'full software lineup'
- Apple stock is tanking, with large investor pulling his money out
- PC gaming continues to make more money than consoles
- NVIDIA to unveil next-gen GeForce on the same day as Battlefield 5
- NVIDIA's next-gen video cards will be available at retail in June
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched