Version and / or Patch Used: 1.00.1035BETA
Developer Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
Product Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
Replacing Everest in our labs is AIDA64. This new testing suite is from the core development team from Lavalys and continues that tradition. The guys have thrown in better support for multithreaded CPUs as well as full 64 bit support. We use this to test memory and HDDs for now, but may find ourselves opening this up to other areas of the motherboard.
Getting into AIDA64, we can start to look at some numbers that concentrate on the CPU. You can see when it comes to Read performance, the L1 Cache performance is very strong when compared to even the 2600k. You can also see it benefits a lot from the overclock. L2 Cache performance is strong against the 1100T, but when overclocked it went a bit weird. L3 Cache on the other hand while looking significantly stronger than the 1100T, does fall behind the i7 2600k by a fair bit.
Write performance is another story; we see strong gains in the L3 department and L2 looks ok against the 1100T, but L1 performance is horrible. There seems to be some form of optimization issue here that is bringing the score down. It shouldn't be 1/2 of what the 1100T is offering.
Looking at Memory performance, we can see that we've got some serious improvements over the 1100T even though our memory is running at 1600MHz on all platforms. We can see while it's not quite as strong as the 2600k still, there's been some major improvements made when compared to the last generation AMD CPU. Unfortunately, when overclocked, we don't see the same kind of boost in performance on the FX-8150 like we do on the i7 2600k.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [FX Models and Specifications]
- Page 3 [FX Models and Specifications Continued]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [PCMark 7 and HyperPi]
- Page 6 [AIDA64]
- Page 7 [PassMark PerformanceTest]
- Page 8 [CINEBENCH, Adobe Lightroom and MediaEspresso]
- Page 9 [3DMark 11 and Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Power & Temperature Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Further Reading: Read and find more CPUs, Chipsets & SoCs content at our CPUs, Chipsets & SoCs reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch could replace car keys for newer vehicles
- RIP 'Star Trek' legend Leonard Nimoy
- Cyberattacks top threat to United States, intelligence agencies say
- Lenovo promises to be more transparent about pre-installed software
- Report: AR and VR devices will surge, 3M units in 2015 to 55M in 2020
- maximum ram in a GA-H55M-UD2H
- plugging a peripheral into front panel USB 2.0 killed the peripheral? and suspends the computer?
- USB Devices go unrecognized AM3+ Extreme 3 990fx
- Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
- GALAX GeForce GTX 960 EXOC Video Card Review
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse