Power Consumption Tests
Using our new PROVA Power Analyzer WM-01 or "Power Thingy" as it has become quickly known as to our readers, we are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; it tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into AC wall socket).
There are a few important notes to remember though; while our maximum power is taken in 3DMark06 at the same exact point, we have seen in particular tests the power being drawn as much as 10% more. We test at the exact same stage every time; therefore tests should be very consistent and accurate.
The other thing to remember is that our test system is bare minimum - only a 7,200RPM SATA-II single hard drive is used without CD ROM or many cooling fans.
So while the system might draw 400 watts in our test system, placing it into your own PC with a number of other items, the draw is going to be higher.
Idle power draw on the Eyefinity6 model is the highest out of the batch. Again, though, it's nothing we'd be worried about. As for load power, it's again up compared to the HD 5870, but nothing that is going to affect most people.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 11 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 12 [Dark Void and Batman AA Pictures]
- Page 13 [Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. and Darkest of Days Pictures]
- Page 14 [BattleForge and Far Cry 2 Pictures]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Further Reading: Read and find more Video Cards content at our Video Cards reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- NPD: Mobile gaming grew 20 percent in 2014, creating opportunities
- Intel to reclassify Atom processors with Atom x3, Atom x5 and Atom x7
- LG's unveils Watch Urbane LTE, lets you make calls from your wrist
- Corporate leaders are aware of IoT, but aren't really prepared for it
- Companies transitioning to better detection, response of cyberattacks
- Intermittent hardware problem: CLR CMOS - Dr. Debug 67
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse