I always make the effort to make sure every card that comes into my lab gets a review. It's the least I can do for a company that has made the effort to send it. So ATI managed to send off a HD 5450 in time for launch, but we thought that since we had a full retail model on hand as well, we would put that one up first.
What we would tend to do with the second card is do a Crossfire article. If you've read about the first HD 5450 we reviewed from Sapphire earlier today, you'll know that the performance on the HD 5450 in games is hardly flattering and realistically it's just not a model you would Crossfire.
We like to have reference temperatures and power figures on hand, though, and AMD did make the effort to send the card over so we thought why not CF these two budget cards, have a bit of fun and see if we can get something that's playable.
As always, the card didn't come with any package so we'll just get straight into having a look at the reference HD 5450.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Video Card]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 11 [Temperature Tests]
- Page 12 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Further Reading: Read and find more Video Cards content at our Video Cards reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- The drama llama strikes again - massive llama chase in the US unfolds
- Study: Gamers buy PlayStation 4 for graphics, Xbox One for brand
- Kaspersky: 28% of mobile users don't have knowledge of malware attacks
- Official: Cyber doomsday less likely as continued low-level attacks
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- "All core" setting in firmware causes immediate system crash.
- RAID 0 vs RAPID mode with SSDs ?
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse
- Intel Revives the Atom Brand with New Branding Levels
- Thermaltake Announces Riing 12 and 14 LED Radiator Fan Series
- LUXA2 Thermaltake Mobile Launches the New TX-P2 Wireless Charging Power Bank