Just recently we took a look at the AMD K10 architecture in the form of the Phenom X4 processor, and while it doesn't have the power and clock speeds to directly compete with the Core 2 on a clock for clock basis, AMD has one idea in mind; cost, that is where Phenom can't be argued on.
With the top model Phenom costing around the $250 AUD mark, it's a hard processor to go past, especially when you consider you can have it with either an AMD chipset to support Crossfire or an NVIDIA chipset to support SLI and Crossfire (that's coming soon folks).
While the X4 is the more costly option (though in today's world the cost of a $250 processor isn't really that expensive), AMD is going to start shipping a cheaper option based on the same K10 architecture, and yes it keeps the Phenom branding, it's a direct descendant of the X4, but with a few modifications.
On the chopping block today we have the new kid on the block designed to take over where the Athlon 64 X2's price range is set. Help us welcome to the Phenom family the triple core X3. How well does it perform? Stick around while we find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Phenom X3 Up Close]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sysmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Super Pi]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2142]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 12 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99