Without the shroud to cover the card we can see that the card looks like the back of any normal graphics card. Both sides look almost identical with only a few things making them slightly different from each other.
The main difference between the two sides is that one carries with it an SLI connector and PCI Express connector while the other has neither.
Towards the back of the card you can see the hole on each side where the fans pull air from.
If we hover above the card and look down we can see the design of the heatsink and the fins where the air comes out. The whole design actually looks great, but we worry that the shroud over the top is just going to enhance any heat issues.
Across the top we can also see the SLI connector located on one of the cards along with two power connectors. One card has a single 6-pin PCI Express connector while the second card carries with it an 8-pin PCI Express Connector.
The I/O department carries with it two Dual Link DVI connectors, with one being on each PCB along with a single HDMI connector. This one doesn't carry an optical port like we've seen in some of the reference pictures. We figure this is an optional extra that partners can choose to add.
As you would expect, the details on GPU-Z are a bit scarce; it was unable to get details on most specifics of the card. What it does tell us though is that we have a 600MHz core clock, 1500MHz shader clock and 2000MHz DDR clock on the memory.
Other specs include 1GB of GDDR3 memory split across the two PCBs, 65nm cores, 256-bit memory interface per core, 128 stream processors per core, PCI-E 2.0 support, Direct X 10, SM 4.0 and support for SLI (Quad Core) coming at the end of March.
Specifications wise, it's nothing more than something between the G92 based 8800GT and 8800GTS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR) - XP]
- Page 17 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- Nintendo Switch will have 'steady pacing of content'
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99