Sapphire HD 3450
Like most low-end cards we've seen from Sapphire over recent times, the box is a nice little design that stands upright. The front of the card has a picture of a chick with a gun and gives us the standard run down of information.
We can see the brand across the top of the card while the bottom shows us the model along with some of the main features. The right of the box shows the inclusion of 256MB of DDR2 memory along with the ATI, Vista and Crossfire X logo. Why anyone would crossfire such a low-end card is beyond me, but it's available if you want it.
Turning the box over gives a bit more of a run down on the card along with letting us know what's inside. We also have some more information of the main features and a few of the many awards that Sapphire has won over the years.
Going inside the box the package is pretty light as you would expect; component out cable, S-Video to RCA and a single DVI to VGA connector. We also have a quick install guide, Driver CD and a little sticker to complete the package.
As you would expect there isn't a whole lot to the card. It's low profile by nature and carries with it a passive cooling setup that goes just over the top of the card. We can see that the VGA port is held on by a ribbon cable so if you have a low profile bracket you can have DVI or VGA.
As you would expect, the I/O side of things isn't anything too interesting; we have a single DVI connector which is fortunately Dual Link compatible along with a VGA port and a TV-out port.
The card comes clocked in with the standard 600MHz core and 1000MHz DDR memory clock. There isn't a whole lot to the card as you would expect, so with one down let's check out the HD 3650 and see what we have on our hands.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Closer Look at Sapphire HD 3450]
- Page 3 [Closer Look at Sapphire HD 3650 OC]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 12 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR) - XP]
- Page 18 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.