We've been given an indication of the pricing which is going to accompany the new 8800GTS; when it came to figuring out what exactly it would compete against in the red corner, we soon after came to the following conclusion.
The HD 3850! Oh, but not just one of them, rather two working together in Crossfire. So it was clear what we had to do; grab a pair of HD 3850 cards, stick them into our beloved P35 motherboard and let them go at it. Two setups enter with one setup to come out on top.
What we have with us today is a pair of GECUBE HD 3850 cards under the new X-TURBO III naming scheme. With an increased core and memory clock, and without much of a difference in price these could be the 3850s to pick up.
It's been a while since we've seen anything from GECUBE, and though we're not going to cover these cards in detail today (except for their performance), we will take a deeper look in a future article.
What we will be doing now is to briefly look at the clock speeds of the cards (below our test system details), and then we'll just simply get straight into it with the benchmarks to see if HD 3850s in Crossfire have what it takes to beat out the singular G92 based 8800GTS.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 15 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 16 [Final Thoughts]
Further Reading: Read and find more Video Cards content at our Video Cards reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Not a Rubix Cube - much cooler. Waterproof linux-powered cube PC
- Win a trip to Computex 2015 from GIGABYTE by overclocking your PC
- Apple teases media event for March 9, could we meet the Apple Watch?
- Bumblebee is that you? Hardware Extreme's black and yellow project
- Samsung provides YouTube stream for its Galaxy S6 launch event
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse