SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the Ultra II SSD. Our drive arrived in a special reviewer package, so we don't have the retail box this round, but should receive the full retail kit in the other capacity sizes. The only accessory in the retail package is a 7mm to 9.5mm adapter.
The model number, serial number and capacity size are listed on the back of the drive.
SanDisk used a 7mm case design for the Ultra II so this model will work in new Ultrabook designs that require the smaller form factor.
Inside we found a tiny PCB with one controller, one DRAM buffer and four NAND flash packages. Half of the case is plastic and the other half is metal. The controller faces the metal side and a thermal transfer strip covers all of the components on this side.
The thermal material is oily and that makes it difficult to see the markings on this side without zooming in.
The controller is a Marvell 88SS9190-BJM2, a 4-channel controller.
The DRAM is from SK Hynix, model H6TC2G63FFR.
Our first close up look at the SanDisk 1Ynm ABL X3 NAND package.
The two remaining flash packages are on the other side of the PCB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Advanced Technology and SanDisk TLC]
- Page 3 [SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 9 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- KFC's own VR training game teaches you to cook chicken
- Need for Speed: Payback showed off at 4K 60FPS on the PC
- Quake Champions enters Steam Early Access on the PC
- Destiny 2 rocks on the PC with its new 4K 60FPS trailer
- Intel Core i9-7980XE pre-orders begins, priced at $1999
- Lenovo Legion Y720 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience