SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the Ultra II SSD. Our drive arrived in a special reviewer package, so we don't have the retail box this round, but should receive the full retail kit in the other capacity sizes. The only accessory in the retail package is a 7mm to 9.5mm adapter.
The model number, serial number and capacity size are listed on the back of the drive.
SanDisk used a 7mm case design for the Ultra II so this model will work in new Ultrabook designs that require the smaller form factor.
Inside we found a tiny PCB with one controller, one DRAM buffer and four NAND flash packages. Half of the case is plastic and the other half is metal. The controller faces the metal side and a thermal transfer strip covers all of the components on this side.
The thermal material is oily and that makes it difficult to see the markings on this side without zooming in.
The controller is a Marvell 88SS9190-BJM2, a 4-channel controller.
The DRAM is from SK Hynix, model H6TC2G63FFR.
Our first close up look at the SanDisk 1Ynm ABL X3 NAND package.
The two remaining flash packages are on the other side of the PCB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Advanced Technology and SanDisk TLC]
- Page 3 [SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 9 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD