SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the Ultra II SSD. Our drive arrived in a special reviewer package, so we don't have the retail box this round, but should receive the full retail kit in the other capacity sizes. The only accessory in the retail package is a 7mm to 9.5mm adapter.
The model number, serial number and capacity size are listed on the back of the drive.
SanDisk used a 7mm case design for the Ultra II so this model will work in new Ultrabook designs that require the smaller form factor.
Inside we found a tiny PCB with one controller, one DRAM buffer and four NAND flash packages. Half of the case is plastic and the other half is metal. The controller faces the metal side and a thermal transfer strip covers all of the components on this side.
The thermal material is oily and that makes it difficult to see the markings on this side without zooming in.
The controller is a Marvell 88SS9190-BJM2, a 4-channel controller.
The DRAM is from SK Hynix, model H6TC2G63FFR.
Our first close up look at the SanDisk 1Ynm ABL X3 NAND package.
The two remaining flash packages are on the other side of the PCB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Advanced Technology and SanDisk TLC]
- Page 3 [SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 9 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- SpaceX successfully lands another Falcon 9 rocket
- Nintendo Switch teardown teases massive 4310mAh battery
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league