Mixed Read / Write Workloads
In this series of tests, we measure mixed workload performance. We start with 100% read, and then add data writes to the mix in 10% increments until we get to 100% writes. We believe this will be the next major area SSD manufacturers will address, after performance consistency.
Mixed Workload Bandwidth
We don't have many 512GB capacity drives that have gone through our new test yet, but I scrambled to get a couple of premium drives, and another value-class drive for our review today. The MX100 512GB fared better than the 256GB model. Still, the mixed workload sequential test proved to be difficult for this drive.
80% Read / 20% Write Bandwidth
For most consumer applications, the 80% read / 20% write test should be your focus. The MX100 512GB outperformed the Corsair Force LX 512GB by a small margin, but as you can see, the value drives lose quite a bit of performance to the premium drives from SanDisk and Intel.
Mixed Workload Response Time
One application where a 50/50 split, or close to it, comes into play, is editing videos. Using software such as Sony's Vegas or Adobe's Premier means reading and writing data at the same time, usually to the same target device, your SSD.
With OpenCL and CUDA technology, the processing power is now fast enough to make your storage the bottleneck. That's why it's important to use fast storage in professional consumer applications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset