Mixed Read / Write Workloads
In this series of tests, we measure mixed workload performance. We start with 100% read, and then add data writes to the mix in 10% increments until we get to 100% writes. We believe this will be the next major area SSD manufacturers will address, after performance consistency.
Mixed Workload Bandwidth
We don't have many 512GB capacity drives that have gone through our new test yet, but I scrambled to get a couple of premium drives, and another value-class drive for our review today. The MX100 512GB fared better than the 256GB model. Still, the mixed workload sequential test proved to be difficult for this drive.
80% Read / 20% Write Bandwidth
For most consumer applications, the 80% read / 20% write test should be your focus. The MX100 512GB outperformed the Corsair Force LX 512GB by a small margin, but as you can see, the value drives lose quite a bit of performance to the premium drives from SanDisk and Intel.
Mixed Workload Response Time
One application where a 50/50 split, or close to it, comes into play, is editing videos. Using software such as Sony's Vegas or Adobe's Premier means reading and writing data at the same time, usually to the same target device, your SSD.
With OpenCL and CUDA technology, the processing power is now fast enough to make your storage the bottleneck. That's why it's important to use fast storage in professional consumer applications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- Take-Two relents on singleplayer GTA mods
- 47% of gamers spend money while playing games
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller