HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
For a 4-channel controller, the Plextor M6S performs very well. In HD Tune Pro, the 64KB sequential read averaged 450 MB/s, and the performance stays steady when reading the data.
The single pass 64KB sequential write speed averaged 354 MB/s, but this is on a fresh drive.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 126.96.36.199
Things change a bit after a reasonable amount of random writes to the drive. HD Tach uses 128KB for the sequential read and write test. Here we see the reads holding strong near 425 MB/s, but the sequential writes drop halfway through the test. There are also two reverse spikes in the test, one getting as low as 20 MB/s. The second half of the test shows a large reduction in sequential write performance similar to what we see on Toshiba and OCZ branded SSDs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung reveals the Galaxy Note8 launch date
- LG Launches Q8, mini version of the V20
- Blizzard killing support for WinXP, Vista this October
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem mobile game rakes in $114 million
- New leak shows iPhone 8's fingerprint reader on the back
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4