HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
The highest we've achieved in the sequential read test was 480 MB/s from the SanDisk Extreme II. The bar is set there. The Crucial M550 256GB peaked at 455 MB/s in HD Tune Pro's 64KB sequential read test. Although not the fastest, it's still very high and the average performance of 454.4 MB/s is in line with several other drives on the chart.
The write test on the M550 256GB shows the drive slowing to an average just under 330 MB/s. In the next test, we'll see why the maximum sequential performance is so high but the average and minimum is so much lower.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 188.8.131.52
Here we see the Crucial M550 256GB's sequential performance after a light hit of random writes. The drive drops considerably after subjected to random writes. We see this quite often with newer SSDs but rarely to this extent.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017