HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
The highest we've achieved in the sequential read test was 480 MB/s from the SanDisk Extreme II. The bar is set there. The Crucial M550 256GB peaked at 455 MB/s in HD Tune Pro's 64KB sequential read test. Although not the fastest, it's still very high and the average performance of 454.4 MB/s is in line with several other drives on the chart.
The write test on the M550 256GB shows the drive slowing to an average just under 330 MB/s. In the next test, we'll see why the maximum sequential performance is so high but the average and minimum is so much lower.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 188.8.131.52
Here we see the Crucial M550 256GB's sequential performance after a light hit of random writes. The drive drops considerably after subjected to random writes. We see this quite often with newer SSDs but rarely to this extent.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- I hope Destiny 2's leaked poster is fake, and here's why
- Apple's red iPhones extremely popular in - China!
- HMD confirms US availability for the Nokia smartphones
- Oppo launches F3 Plus with dual front cameras
- Manli's upcoming GTX 1080 Ti features blower fan design
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter