As we alluded to in the ADATA Premier Pro SP920 1TB review, we have all four-capacity sizes in house to test. Rather than place all four drives in a single review and compare them to just one capacity size, we're breaking the reviews into individual reviews in order to compare apples to apples, or in this case, similar capacity sizes.
When shopping for an SSD, most of us start with the price. Once we know how much we can spend on an SSD, we can look at the capacity, performance, accessory package, and warranty to determine what to buy. All of these factors are variables between different makes, models, and even capacity sizes. Starting with the price means you may be able to get a larger, but often slower, SSD for the same money. We like to look for the best balance.
Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The ADATA Premier Pro SP920 pairs the Marvell 88SS9189 controller with Micron 20nm 128Gb die size flash in all four capacity sizes. This works out well for the two largest capacity sizes, 1TB and 512GB, but the smaller two models, 128GB and 256GB, are slower due to the loss in parallelism when reading and writing to the flash.
SSDs work like RAID arrays; the controller reads and writes data to more than one NAND flash die at the same time. The more reads and writes that can happen at the same time, the higher the performance. Using 128Gb dies poses a problem on smaller SSDs because the drive doesn't achieve the optimal parallelism.
ADATA sent pricing over via MSRPs for the Premier Pro SP920 series. The 128GB should launch at $89.99, 256GB at $159.99, 512GB at $334.88, and the massive 1TB model at $529.99.
The SP920 128GB at $89.99 represents one of the best values on the market today based on price and the accessory package. ADATA includes a desktop adapter bracket, screws for mounting, Acronis data migration software, a 7mm to 9.5mm adapter, and ADATA even has a new SSD Toolbox that takes care of drive maintenance without third party software.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [ADATA Premier Pro SP920 1TB SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage (Drives with Data Testing)]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Advanced Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Power Testing & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni