Around the same time when OCZ Technology announced the new OCZ Storage Solution name and became a Toshiba brand, the Vertex 460 launched. The Vertex 460 is much like the Vertex 450 it replaces but uses Toshiba 19nm flash. The flash is the same as used in Vector 150m, OCZ's flagship product.
Even though the 460 shares the same Toshiba Toggle NAND flash as Vector 150, the controller's clock speed is lower. In our testing with the 240GB models, the lower clock speed didn't have a large impact on performance.
With the performance only a few percent different between the flagship and the 460 just one grade down, the 460 is a good value for those of us satisfied with 95th percentile performance at a significantly lower cost. Just after the launch, the Vertex 460 sold for $149.99 at Newegg, but the 120GB model is now down to just $99.99, which is around $20 less than the Vector 150 120GB.
So how does the Vertex 460 compare to Vector 150 and other 128GB class SSDs? I can't give everything away in the introduction, but we'll cover that topic and more in this review.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 3 [OCZ Vertex 460 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's Model 3 priced as low as $25,000 after tax subsidies in the US
- Fuel cell maker teases 7-day battery life on smartphones inevitable
- Uber drops its 5% fee in London, to get taxi drivers using Uber
- Micron updates GDDR5X progression, volume production this summer
- Oculus Rift-ready gaming PC pre-orders will open on February 16
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance