Around the same time when OCZ Technology announced the new OCZ Storage Solution name and became a Toshiba brand, the Vertex 460 launched. The Vertex 460 is much like the Vertex 450 it replaces but uses Toshiba 19nm flash. The flash is the same as used in Vector 150m, OCZ's flagship product.
Even though the 460 shares the same Toshiba Toggle NAND flash as Vector 150, the controller's clock speed is lower. In our testing with the 240GB models, the lower clock speed didn't have a large impact on performance.
With the performance only a few percent different between the flagship and the 460 just one grade down, the 460 is a good value for those of us satisfied with 95th percentile performance at a significantly lower cost. Just after the launch, the Vertex 460 sold for $149.99 at Newegg, but the 120GB model is now down to just $99.99, which is around $20 less than the Vector 150 120GB.
So how does the Vertex 460 compare to Vector 150 and other 128GB class SSDs? I can't give everything away in the introduction, but we'll cover that topic and more in this review.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 3 [OCZ Vertex 460 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017