HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: measures the performance
Info: shows detailed information
Health: checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has gained popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
Given what we saw on the previous page, it shouldn't surprise anyone to see all three capacity sizes reading sequential data at the same rate in HD Tune Pro.
The two largest Neutron GTX drives peak at nearly 400MB/s sequential and the 120GB model peaks at just over 300MB/s.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
In this screenshot, we see the 240GB GTX reading and writing sequential data after some consumer load random reads and writes. The write performance actually drops below 50MB/s at one spot in the test, and as you can see, the levels are all over the place.
There is a growing trend of measuring 'write consistency' that blossomed from our Toshiba MK01GRRB/R review last October. The test has been copied by several review sites for both enterprise and consumer storage. It's a valid test for enterprise, but not for consumer SSDs. The reason why is because you will never write a constant stream of data to a consumer SSD that is larger than the capacity size of the drive, not in a consumer environment anyway. On the consumer side, you have small writes followed by garbage collection, wear leveling and TRIM. The performance we show is more representative of actual consumer degradation, than just writing massive amounts of data without giving the SSD time to recover.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Corsair Neutron GTX 2013 Edition Drives]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One S now gets free game of choice from Microsoft
- Apple's total cost to manufacture the iPhone 7 is $225
- Dota 2 the first to host a tournament on a cruise ship
- NVIDIA chip in the 'next revolutionary Apple product'
- Our closest look at the Google Pixel smartphone yet
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now