Intel's Clarkdale is a multiple purpose CPU + GPU. It has been designed by Intel to offer a wide range of performance and price opportunities. To cover this properly Intel has decided to release multiple chipsets. These are not completely different, but contain subtle differences that establish each in its own market.
At the bottom is the entry level H55 which lacks RAID support and a few other higher end functions. Next up on the list is the H57 which does contain RAID support and is a little more functional and powerful than the H55. The last is more of an extension than a top-end chipset; this is the Q57. It is more of a business level offering and has support for Intel's Active Management Technology. This last item would make an excellent option for use in a business environment.
With our coverage of the 32nm Core i5 661 we saw H55 performance. Now we take a look at a H57 based board from GIGABYTE. This board is very much a higher end product than the H55 and has been added to by the engineers at GIGABYTE. This is the GA-H57M-USB3 and as the product name implies, it contains USB 3.0 support. Follow on with us as we find out if the H57 from GIGABYTE truly offers better performance for your Clarkdale loving.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon X16 modem capable of 1Gbps over LTE
- Hitman is part of AMD's Gaming Evolved program, includes DX12 features
- Infinity Ward is working on the next Call of Duty, due late this year
- Kanye West begins showing off his new video game
- Today is the last day for free Google Drive storage offer
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives