Intel's Clarkdale is a multiple purpose CPU + GPU. It has been designed by Intel to offer a wide range of performance and price opportunities. To cover this properly Intel has decided to release multiple chipsets. These are not completely different, but contain subtle differences that establish each in its own market.
At the bottom is the entry level H55 which lacks RAID support and a few other higher end functions. Next up on the list is the H57 which does contain RAID support and is a little more functional and powerful than the H55. The last is more of an extension than a top-end chipset; this is the Q57. It is more of a business level offering and has support for Intel's Active Management Technology. This last item would make an excellent option for use in a business environment.
With our coverage of the 32nm Core i5 661 we saw H55 performance. Now we take a look at a H57 based board from GIGABYTE. This board is very much a higher end product than the H55 and has been added to by the engineers at GIGABYTE. This is the GA-H57M-USB3 and as the product name implies, it contains USB 3.0 support. Follow on with us as we find out if the H57 from GIGABYTE truly offers better performance for your Clarkdale loving.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- MSI Z170A Krait motherboard includes Rainbow Six Siege, new design
- GeForce 359.06 driver prepares you for Just Cause 3, Rainbow Six Siege
- Chrome Data Saver mode now reduces data usage up to 70%
- NVIDIA: Just Cause 3 engine 'incompatible with multi-GPU solutions'
- Report claims mobile broadband is more affordable than ever
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Wikimedia Foundation to begin annual year-end contribution campaign
- Top Colliegate Gamer in the World, Michael 'Cartoonz' Hogman, Challenges Gamers to Beat Him in an Accuracy Skill-test Brought to You by ASUS and Intel
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is out now on Xbox One
- Cooler Master Announces MasterGel Maker Thermal Compound
- Cooler Master Also Announces CM Storm Sentinel Palm Grip Gaming Mouse