Eurocom has launched the Sky X9 super high performance, fully upgradeable gaming laptop with desktop NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 graphics, Desktop Skylake Intel Core i7 6700K CPU and 64 GB of DDR4 memory. "We have put a desktop video card into a laptop, giving our customers amazing desktop 980 performance in a laptop. Users now have 980 desktop graphics performance combined with Intel Skylake desktop CPU performance." Mark Bialic, Eurocom President.
EUROCOM Sky X9 is powered by desktop NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 graphics, a fully unlocked GM204 core with 2048 CUDA cores. 8 GB memory with 7 Gbps memory clock and GDDR5 memory interface is supported. The EUROCOM Sky X9 is the first laptop with upgradeable desktop graphics supported inside, another amazing innovation from Eurocom. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 is overclockable for maximum control and performance.
"EUROCOM Sky X9 users can now have desktop CPU and GPU performance in a laptop to easily carry with them in a backpack" Mark Bialic, Eurocom President.
Not only does the EUROCOM Sky X9 have upgradeable NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 graphics, it also has socket based desktop Intel Skylake processors. The EUROCOM Sky X9 utilizes an Intel Z170 Chipset, socket LGA 1151 for support up to Intel Core i7-6700K processors. The Intel Core i7-6700K has 4 cores and 8 threads running at 4GHz, with turbo boost up to 4.2 GHz utilizing 14nm technology. The Intel Core i7-6700K is overclockable for maximum control and performance.
The EUROCOM Sky X9 is an aggressively style machine that clearly makes its presence and performance known. It has 8 colour options for its keyboard and lighting for further user customization to make the Sky X9 your very own. A whopping 64 GB of memory is supported via four upgradeable and easily accessible SO-DIMM. DDR4-2133 and 2400 are supported.
Four storage drives are supported for a plethora of configuration and upgrade options. Two 9.5 mm HDD or SSD bays and two M.2 SSD PCIe x4 SATA drives are supported with RAID 0/1/5/10 availability. Over 5 TB of storage is currently supported. M.2 Wi-Fi cards are supported for ultimate performance and upgradeability. Two 1Gb LAN RJ-45 ports Killer E2400 are supported.
A beautiful 17.3" display is there to display the mind blowing performance held within the Sky X9. A future 4k display option will also be available for future upgrades. The EUROCOM Sky X9 can support up to 4 active displays through its two mini Display Ports, USB 3.1 and HDMI 2. Security is very important to Eurocom and our customers, because of this we have once again incorporated a Trusted Platform Module 2.0 (Infineon SLB9665-TCG) as well as a finger print reader and Kensington lock port. Eurocom knows that our customers are using their laptops for crucial mission critical applications.
EUROCOM Sky X9 is able to support such high performance hardware due to its robust, high quality design and high capacity copper heat sinks to keep the desktop graphics and processor within its operating temperature range.
EUROCOM Sky X9 Specifications:
- Display: Choice of FHD 1920-by-1080 or 4K 3840-by-2160 pixels; 17.3-inch (43.94mm); LCD Display
- Chipset: Intel Z170 EXpress(Skylake)
- Processor: Skylake, LGA1151, up to Intel i7-6700K, fully unlocked
- Memory: up to 64GB; DDR4-2133/2400; 4 SO-DIMM sockets
- VGA Technology: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (N16E-GXX);
- Storage: up to 4 drives; 2x HDD/SSD (SATA3) + 2x M.2 PCIe x4/SATAl RAID 0/1/5/10
- Communications: two 1Gb LAN RJ-45 ports Killer E2400 + M.2 WLAN/Bluetooth
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows: 10, 8.1 and 7
- Card Reader: 6-in-1 MMC/RSMMC/SD/miniSD/SDHC/SDXC up to UHS-II
- Keyboard: Iluminated, backlit with customizable 7-colours
- Security: TPM 2.0, Fingerprint and Kensington Lock
- Audio System: Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3; external 7.1CH audio output; headphone out, microphone in, S/PDIF and Line-in port; two built-in ONKYO Speakers (2.2W)+ Subwoofer (2.5W)
- Ports: 1x USB 3.1 / Thunderbolt 3; 2x miniDP 1.2; 1x HDMI 2.0; 3x USB 3.0 (1x Powered USB AC/DC); S/PDIF; Headphone; Mic; Line-in; 2x RJ45 (LAN)
- Weight and dimensions: 4.8kg; WxDxH 428x308x45mm
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Scientists think they've received signals from aliens
- Intel's new Atom processor is a step closer to Skynet
- Google pauses its Fiber rollout, fires 9% of Fiber staff
- WikiLeaks: Apple gives customers' data to governments
- ZOTAC has your back with GTX 1070-powered VR GO backpack
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards