New NVIDIA Notebook GPU Line-Up Features World's Fastest Mobile Notebook GPU
Industry-Leading Performance Combined with HD Video Processing, PhysX and CUDA Highlight New Family of GPUs Designed for Notebooks
CEBIT 2009-HANOVER, GERMANY-MARCH 3, 2009- NVIDIA today introduced GPUs in four separate categories that push performance to the highest levels ever achieved in enthusiast and high-performance notebooks. Included in the group is the fastest notebook GPU in the market, the GeForce GTX 280M, with up to 50% more performance than previous generation enthusiast notebook GPUs.
"These new NVIDIA GeForce GPUs are for those who won't accept compromise in notebook performance," said Rene Haas, general manager of notebook business at NVIDIA. "These new GPUs meet the needs of the most demanding consumers in the marketplace by delivering industry-leading performance at all price segments along with features that go beyond graphics."
The new line-up of notebook GPUs from NVIDIA include:
- GeForce® GTX 280M and 260M GPUs for enthusiast notebooks.
- GeForce GTS 160M and 150M GPUs for high-performance, sleek notebooks.
GeForce GTX 200M and GeForce GTS 100M Series GPUs make playing the latest HD games on a portable platform a reality by delivering blistering frame rates that are up to 50% faster than the previous generation products they are replacing, all without increasing overall power consumption. Using NVIDIA® SLI® technology, which enables close to double the graphics performance over a single GPU, two NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280M GPUs can be paired to offer the fastest notebook graphics solution available today. In order to enable a quiet state and to increase battery life, NVIDIA HybridPower technology can dynamically power down the powerful discreet GPU and transfer graphics operation to the integrated GPU for applications that do not require the high level of graphics horsepower.
GeForce GTX 200M and GeForce GTS 100M Series GPUs feature the NVIDIA CUDA computing architecture and deliver Graphics Plus capabilities not found on competing solutions. Only with NVIDIA GPUs can you experience jaw-dropping NVIDIA PhysX gaming effects and lightning fast video and image processing all accelerated by the GeForce GPU.
Users with notebooks equipped with NVIDIA GPUs have the added flexibility of downloading upgradeable graphics drivers directly from NVIDIA.com so they can immediately take advantage of new features, improved application compatibility, and performance optimizations. NVIDIA is the only GPU manufacturer that offers notebook driver downloads direct to consumers.
ASUS, Clevo and MSI are all showing notebooks based on the new GeForce GTX 200M and GeForce GTS 100M Series GPUs at CeBit. For more information on GeForce GTX 200M and GeForce GTS 100M Series GPUs, please visit http://www.nvidia.com.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce graphics products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro graphics products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla computing solutions products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Model S P100D runs 0-100 in 2.3 sec with latest update
- Did Obsidian just tease Fallout: New Orleans?
- Xiaomi launches Redmi Note 4, priced at $150
- ZTE's dual-camera Blade V8 Pro is now on sale for $230
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup