Synology America Corp. today announced the release of the RS18016xs+ and its expansion unit RX1216sas with: vast expansion capacities; point-in-time data backup for enterprises; and unparalleled performance throughput. "Belonging to the next generation of NAS servers, the RS18016xs+ can be extended beyond 1PB of storage capacity while simplifying any backup strategy, making it the perfect choice for businesses in need of a cost-efficient, scalable, and modern storage solution," declared Michael Wang, product manager at Synology Inc.
The RS18016xs+ is designed to deliver the following cutting-edge technologies:
- Extreme performance: providing over 3,900 MB/s and 348,000 IOPS throughput, the RS18016xs+ effortlessly provides storage and application serving to hundreds of users. With a dedicated encryption engine, the RS18016xs+ boasts over 3,000 MB/s reading on encrypted shared folders, ensuring data security without any major performance drop.
- Point-in-time data recovery: The RS18016xs+ brings snapshot technology which allows businesses to automatically capture point-in-time copies of data as frequently as every 5 minutes without occupying system resources. Customize the retention policy to save up to 256 recovery points on an hourly, daily, or weekly basis.
- High uptime: With support for Synology High Availability, as well as numerous redundant hardware components including: redundant data paths, power supplies, system fans, and four network ports with failover support; the RS18016xs+ maximizes service uptime.
- Future-ready: The RS18016xs+ natively supports 6Gb/s SAS/SATA III technologies and can be upgraded with up to 32GB ECC RAM and 10GbE capabilities to ensure maximum compatibility and return on investment.
- Seamless scalability: when storage capacity on the Synology RS18016xs+ reaches its limit, Synology RX1216sas provides an easy way to immediately scale up. Stacking up to 14 RX1216sas expansion units creates a 180-drive cluster managed from a single point of entry.
The RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas are powered by the DiskStation Manager (DSM) - the most advanced and intuitive web-based operating system for network-attached storage. The OS provides a host of applications to bring better productivity to work. Synology was voted as "PC Mag Business Choice Award winner" and received the highest rating in every element of the survey, including reliability, overall satisfaction, value, and likelihood to recommend.
The RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas are backed by Synology's advanced 5-year warranty and the Synology Replacement Services (SRS) for select regions.
Availability & Price
This release is available worldwide immediately. The RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas are priced starting at $7,599.99 and $2,999.99, respectively.
Show 0 Comments
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA CEO hands out first Tesla V100s to AI researchers
- ADATA's new XPG SPECTRIC D40: RGB DDR4 for X299
- Battlegrounds made more than Overwatch on PC last month
- Intel Core i9-7920X: 12C/24T @ 4GHz, 140W TDP, and $1199
- AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper features next-gen packaging
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology