Synology America Corp. today announced the release of the RS18016xs+ and its expansion unit RX1216sas with: vast expansion capacities; point-in-time data backup for enterprises; and unparalleled performance throughput. "Belonging to the next generation of NAS servers, the RS18016xs+ can be extended beyond 1PB of storage capacity while simplifying any backup strategy, making it the perfect choice for businesses in need of a cost-efficient, scalable, and modern storage solution," declared Michael Wang, product manager at Synology Inc.
The RS18016xs+ is designed to deliver the following cutting-edge technologies:
- Extreme performance: providing over 3,900 MB/s and 348,000 IOPS throughput, the RS18016xs+ effortlessly provides storage and application serving to hundreds of users. With a dedicated encryption engine, the RS18016xs+ boasts over 3,000 MB/s reading on encrypted shared folders, ensuring data security without any major performance drop.
- Point-in-time data recovery: The RS18016xs+ brings snapshot technology which allows businesses to automatically capture point-in-time copies of data as frequently as every 5 minutes without occupying system resources. Customize the retention policy to save up to 256 recovery points on an hourly, daily, or weekly basis.
- High uptime: With support for Synology High Availability, as well as numerous redundant hardware components including: redundant data paths, power supplies, system fans, and four network ports with failover support; the RS18016xs+ maximizes service uptime.
- Future-ready: The RS18016xs+ natively supports 6Gb/s SAS/SATA III technologies and can be upgraded with up to 32GB ECC RAM and 10GbE capabilities to ensure maximum compatibility and return on investment.
- Seamless scalability: when storage capacity on the Synology RS18016xs+ reaches its limit, Synology RX1216sas provides an easy way to immediately scale up. Stacking up to 14 RX1216sas expansion units creates a 180-drive cluster managed from a single point of entry.
The RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas are powered by the DiskStation Manager (DSM) - the most advanced and intuitive web-based operating system for network-attached storage. The OS provides a host of applications to bring better productivity to work. Synology was voted as "PC Mag Business Choice Award winner" and received the highest rating in every element of the survey, including reliability, overall satisfaction, value, and likelihood to recommend.
The RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas are backed by Synology's advanced 5-year warranty and the Synology Replacement Services (SRS) for select regions.
Availability & Price
This release is available worldwide immediately. The RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas are priced starting at $7,599.99 and $2,999.99, respectively.
Show 0 Comments
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99