Snowforged Entertainment's Starfall Tactics is now on Kickstarter! A space combat RTS with a wargame feel, Starfall Tactics is built on Unreal 4 and
delivers truly next-gen graphics on PC.
Only three days into the crowdfunding campaign, the developer has already secured $5,294 from Kickstarter backers. Snowforged is seeking a total of $45,000 to complete development on Starfall Tactics to expand from a session-based, head-to-head title to a living, breathing galaxy.
Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2099269382/starfall-tactics
Every ship in Starfall Tactics is fully customizable: Players can replace the weapons, engines, armor, shields, or add new modules like a Cloak System -- or a Self Destruct mechanism! Gameplay is split between using fleets to conquer the galaxy or saving mankind from an impending alien threat. Players can team up with other players by taking ownership of different sectors, mining asteroids, or establishing outposts on faraway planets -- in a prelude to mind-blowing, beautifully rendered space battles.
Combat is epic, incredibly detailed, and gorgeous beyond measure -- thanks to the power of Unreal Engine 4. The game will feature some of the best graphics ever seen in the RTS genre.
Starfall Tactics will be free to download and play, and it follows the Hearthstone model with booster packs as microtransactions . Booster packs are made of a number of different blueprints that can be used to craft almost anything in the game -- from the hull of the ship down to individual engines. Each booster pack contains a set of randomly assorted blueprints, like new ship modules and even the occasional spaceship. There will be no pay-to-win. Sticking to CCG conventions will allow the developers to keep everything fair for everyone while considerably lowering the barrier to entry.
"We've been working full-time for eight months now. The community's reaction to Starfall Tactics has been beyond anything we could have imagined," says Vasiliy Tedeev, lead project manager at Snowforged Entertainment. "We already have the core gameplay finished. The Kickstarter funding will allow us to expand the game's universe to merge our favorite aspects of the wargame and RTS genres into a combination that will leave a lasting impression. We are huge tabletop and wargaming fans, and we hope we can do both genres justice with Starfall Tactics."
- Tactical combat: Battles can feature a variety of ships -- from discreet frigates to deadly cruisers and heavy dreadnoughts.
- In-depth customization: From the hull to the individual engines, everything is created using blueprints. Players can easily customize and outfit ships -- adapting their tactics for a variety of situations. Every choice matters!
- Epic combat: Balls-to-the-wall explosions, intense action, and stunning visuals delivered via Unreal Engine 4.
- Galaxy conquest: Players can freely travel and explore the confines of known space. A variety of activities are available: from fending off pirates to trading, discovering new planets, and gathering intel on a new threat to humanity.
- High stakes: Players can unite as a clan and take ownership of different sectors, mine rare types of asteroids, and establish outposts on various planets. Whether it's territory, scarce resources, or the respect of others, the pressure is on. Players have something of real value to lose.
- The Starfall Tactics Kickstarter campaign will end on June 11, 2015. If successful, the official beta is planned for early 2016.
Gameplay videos and dev diaries
Facebook (Snowforged Entertainment): https://www.Facebook.com/pages/Snowforged-Entertainment/378921085614435
Facebook ( Starfall Tactics): http://www.Facebook.com/starfalltactics
Twitter (@ StarfallTactics): http://www.twitter.com/starfalltactics
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Escape from Tarkov closed beta begins next month
- Hardware deals: $229 GTX 1060, $649 desktop with RX 580
- Toshiba announces world's first QLC flash memory
- North Americans to spend most on mobile game purchases
- Google Pixel 2 revealed in a new leak
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus