Snowforged Entertainment's Starfall Tactics is now on Kickstarter! A space combat RTS with a wargame feel, Starfall Tactics is built on Unreal 4 and
delivers truly next-gen graphics on PC.
Only three days into the crowdfunding campaign, the developer has already secured $5,294 from Kickstarter backers. Snowforged is seeking a total of $45,000 to complete development on Starfall Tactics to expand from a session-based, head-to-head title to a living, breathing galaxy.
Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2099269382/starfall-tactics
Every ship in Starfall Tactics is fully customizable: Players can replace the weapons, engines, armor, shields, or add new modules like a Cloak System -- or a Self Destruct mechanism! Gameplay is split between using fleets to conquer the galaxy or saving mankind from an impending alien threat. Players can team up with other players by taking ownership of different sectors, mining asteroids, or establishing outposts on faraway planets -- in a prelude to mind-blowing, beautifully rendered space battles.
Combat is epic, incredibly detailed, and gorgeous beyond measure -- thanks to the power of Unreal Engine 4. The game will feature some of the best graphics ever seen in the RTS genre.
Starfall Tactics will be free to download and play, and it follows the Hearthstone model with booster packs as microtransactions . Booster packs are made of a number of different blueprints that can be used to craft almost anything in the game -- from the hull of the ship down to individual engines. Each booster pack contains a set of randomly assorted blueprints, like new ship modules and even the occasional spaceship. There will be no pay-to-win. Sticking to CCG conventions will allow the developers to keep everything fair for everyone while considerably lowering the barrier to entry.
"We've been working full-time for eight months now. The community's reaction to Starfall Tactics has been beyond anything we could have imagined," says Vasiliy Tedeev, lead project manager at Snowforged Entertainment. "We already have the core gameplay finished. The Kickstarter funding will allow us to expand the game's universe to merge our favorite aspects of the wargame and RTS genres into a combination that will leave a lasting impression. We are huge tabletop and wargaming fans, and we hope we can do both genres justice with Starfall Tactics."
- Tactical combat: Battles can feature a variety of ships -- from discreet frigates to deadly cruisers and heavy dreadnoughts.
- In-depth customization: From the hull to the individual engines, everything is created using blueprints. Players can easily customize and outfit ships -- adapting their tactics for a variety of situations. Every choice matters!
- Epic combat: Balls-to-the-wall explosions, intense action, and stunning visuals delivered via Unreal Engine 4.
- Galaxy conquest: Players can freely travel and explore the confines of known space. A variety of activities are available: from fending off pirates to trading, discovering new planets, and gathering intel on a new threat to humanity.
- High stakes: Players can unite as a clan and take ownership of different sectors, mine rare types of asteroids, and establish outposts on various planets. Whether it's territory, scarce resources, or the respect of others, the pressure is on. Players have something of real value to lose.
- The Starfall Tactics Kickstarter campaign will end on June 11, 2015. If successful, the official beta is planned for early 2016.
Gameplay videos and dev diaries
Facebook (Snowforged Entertainment): https://www.Facebook.com/pages/Snowforged-Entertainment/378921085614435
Facebook ( Starfall Tactics): http://www.Facebook.com/starfalltactics
Twitter (@ StarfallTactics): http://www.twitter.com/starfalltactics
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications