Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. today announced the launch of a new short film created by renowned actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt and his open collaborative production company, hitRECord. 'In a City' was shot entirely in 4K Ultra HD(UHD) on the Samsung NX1, the new premium mirrorless camera, and depicts diverse perspectives of seven cities from across the globe. The actor and his global team of cinematographers capture the essence and stories of their home cities, set to the backdrop of a powerful crowd-sourced soundtrack.
"This emotive short film is testament to both Joseph's exceptional talents as a director and the outstanding technology within the Samsung NX1" said Younghee Lee, Executive Vice President of Global Marketing, IT & Mobile Division at Samsung Electronics. "The NX1's advanced features make it ideal for filmmakers in search of a camera with 4K UHD capabilities, to wow their audiences with exceptional beauty and clarity in every shot."
"When you're creating art, it's important to know that your tools will match your ambition, and that you can rely on the technology to enable, not limit your artistic vision," said Joseph Gordon-Levitt. "Samsung's NX1 is an awesome camera and it allowed us to create something really special with "In a City". The project was one of the most popular collaborations we've ever had on the site, with the whole hitRECord community excited to get behind it. We set out to make a film that speaks to a common experience, shared by millions of people, but set in some of the world's most diverse cities. It was important to capture the unique texture and energy of each city. The NX1 allowed us to do that , and make something that we're all very proud of."
Joseph Gordon-Levitt enlisted the help of hitRECord's talented community of cinematographers, musicians and lyricists to create the short film, curating the best crowd-sourced content to feature in the final cut. The film is structured around a collaboratively written poem, performed by artists from around the world. It takes the audience on a journey through the crowded markets of Cairo and Rio De Janiero, the iconic arches of London and Prague, as well as Tokyo's neon towers, the industrial streets of Sheffield and Los Angeles.
Exclusive unseen footage will be revealed on December 16th, with the launch of a behind the scenes, untold story video which highlights how the film was made, along with background from Joseph Gordon-Levitt on his creative process.
The Samsung NX1 has advanced features that make filmmaking easier and more enjoyable, supporting both Cinema 4K and UHD video recording. Its built-in HEVC Codec (H.265) allows users to compress and store video clips without compromising quality, and its advanced Auto Focus System III with 205 Phase Detection AF points covers nearly the entire imaging area.
Additional benefits to filmmakers include manual exposure control, focus peaking and zebra pattern, as well as microphone and headphone ports. The NX1 is also equipped with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and offers the most advanced connectivity available, even allowing users to watch UHD movies on a UHD TV wirelessly.
'In a City' can be found on:
Samsung camera Facebook page (www.Facebook.com/samsungcamera)
Samsung camera YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/samsungcamera)
For more information on the NX1, visit http://www.samsungmobilepress.com
For more information on the hitRECord, visit http://www.hitrecord.org/
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ: 31.5-inch 1440p 144Hz FreeSync
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 Katana: hands-on with the ninja
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti HOF Limited Edition detailed
- GALAX shows off GTX 1080 Ti HOF OC Lab Edition
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z in detail
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card