SINGAPORE - April 23, 2013 - Razer, the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware, software and systems, announced the open beta release of Razer Comms, an all-in-one communications solution for gamers.
Applying feedback gleaned from a community-based closed beta program, Razer Comms now combines VoIP client, instant messaging and IRC-chat features, allowing gamers the world over to connect with one service, free of charge. It also features an in-game overlay and seamlessly integrates with PC games, providing for uninterrupted gameplay while at the same time typing or talking with friends.
Razer Comms uses complex audio algorithms and an ultra-fast server infrastructure to deliver precise, crisp and clear communication with no timeouts or lag spikes, and it features advanced noise reduction and echo cancelation, a boon to millions of PC gamers worldwide.
Razer Comms originated as an internal project built on the spare "10 percent passion time" of a couple of engineers. After receiving many fan requests to make it widely available, Razer Comms has now become a fully supported project with a designated team working on it.
"As a gamer, it gets pretty annoying switching between multiple clients all the time when playing and talking with your friends," says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder, CEO and creative director. "Razer Comms offers a way around that challenge. By connecting gamers globally through a versatile software solution without any additional costs for the user, Razer Comms is a way for us to give back to our passionate fan base."
Razer encourages every user to continue submitting feedback to help determine the most sought after features and improve Razer Comms further. For more information on Razer's latest free-to-download software, including how to submit ideas, go to http://www.razerzone.com/comms.
About Razer Comms
Razer Comms is a free all-in-one communications solution for gamers, offering crystal-clear VoIP and versatile instant messaging with group chat capabilities. Built with advanced in-game overlay functionality and cross-game chat support, Razer Comms allows you to get in touch with your friends without compromising your gameplay. This is how gamers were meant to communicate.
Price: Free to download
- English - Now
- Spanish - Q3
- Simplified Chinese - Q3
- French - Q3
- German - Q3
- Crystal clear VoIP Comms
- In-game UI overlay displaying chat and incoming VoIP
- Channels easily created and managed for real-time discussions
- Push-to-Talk functionality for fast and effective communication
- Game Launcher for quick game access at startup
- Server-based infrastructure prevents exposure of personal IP address
- 1.7 GHz Processor,
- 512 MB Ram,
- DirectX 9 level Graphics card,
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Internet Connection
For more information about Razer Comms, please visit http://www.razerzone.com/comms.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives