Patriot Memory, a global pioneer in high-performance memory, NAND flash, storage, and enthusiast computer products today launches its new wireless personal storage enclosure the Gauntlet Node. Previously announced as the Gauntlet Wifi, the Gauntlet Node will allow users to break free from the hardware limited storage options offered in today's most popular tablets, smart phones, and laptops by offering up to 1 terabyte of untethered external storage.
Providing an extremely flexible wireless storage solution, the Gauntlet Node can be fitted with any new or used 2.5" mechanical hard drive or solid state drive and is hot swappable for no hassle use with multiple drives. Using Gauntlet Connect, available through Google Play, Amazon App Store, and iTunes, the Gauntlet Node is capable of sharing or streaming to 8 connected devices for excellent on the go productivity or entertainment. Powered by a lithium ion battery, the Gauntlet Node can stream movies, music, and photos or transfer data continuously for up to 5.5 hours.
"The Gauntlet Node is set to provide the most flexible wireless storage solutions available", says Mike Kroll, Patriot Memory's Director of Peripherals Product Management. "With a DIY form factor that supports standard 2.5" HDDs and SSDs and includes built in features like WiFi and USB 3.0 connectivity, the Gauntlet Node is an amazingly powerful way to expand the storage of popular mobile devices like smart phones, tablets, and ultrabook class laptops."
The Gauntlet Node is shipping now to select United States retailers and will be available for an MSRP of $99.99. Availability in regions outside of the United States will be announced soon.
- DIY external enclosure
- USB 3.0 external data port
- Internal SATA interface
- Built in WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- WPA security
- 150 Mbit transfer rate
- Lithium-ion polymer for up to 5 hours of continuous streaming
- Available iOS & Android app for data transfer and sharing
- Supports IE 6 or higher, Firefox, and Safari for web access
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League adds cross-play between Xbox One, PC
- AT&T begins enforcing broadband caps, offers $30 waiver option
- Revolutionize your drive with the Automatic Connected Car Adapter
- DOTA 2 now second game to support Vulkan
- Nintendo's next-gen handheld called 'MH', will co-exist with NX?
- Does this look like a good and compatible setup/buy?
- Error on GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, config HDD RAID w/M.2 boot drive
- OCZ RevoDrive 400 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx/ac no display after resume
- H61M-DS2 Memory Problem
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition
- G.SKILL hosts OC World Record Stage and OC World Cup at Computex 2016, sponsored by Intel, Samsung, and NVIDIA
- Logitech announces Ultimate Ears Roll 2 speakers
- EK Waterblocks GeForce GTX 1080 block now available
- Crucial announces Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 SODIMMs