New low cost graphics card with direct support for 3 DVI monitors
SAPPHIRE Technology has just introduced a new mainstream model to its FleX family of graphics cards that can support three standard DVI monitors in AMD Eyefinity mode, out of the box, without the need for costly DisplayPort monitors or active adapters.
The SAPPHIRE HD 6450 FleX incorporates this SAPPHIRE exclusive feature into a mainstream graphics card and delivers the most cost-effective Eyefinity solution available for increased productivity in tasks such as editing or business applications. It can also be used in multi-screen information display systems where three low cost monitors can be directly connected to each FleX card installed.
Working on multiple monitors has been shown to increase productivity in business applications and editing tasks with the ability to view more detail in larger windows as well as to see content in multiple open windows or applications at the same time. In the SAPPHIRE HD 6000 series, support for AMD APP Acceleration means that the latest Office applications and internet browsers are accelerated by Stream processing on the graphics card.
The SAPPHIRE HD 6450 FleX is a PCI-Express graphics card that requires no additional power connector, making it ideal for upgrading existing PC systems and providing additional monitor support. It has 160 Stream processors and 1GB of DDR3 memory, which together with clock speeds of 625MHz core and 800MHz (1.6GHz effective) for the memory deliver excellent performance and great value.
The SAPPHIRE HD 6450 FleX can support three DVI monitors in Eyefinity mode and deliver a true SLS (Single Large Surface) work area. The first two monitors are connected to the DVI outputs, as usual. A third DVI monitor can be connected to the HDMI output with the passive cable adapter supplied. Thus three DVI monitors can be used in Eyefinity mode without any additional investment. It is a low profile card, and ships with an alternative dual slot low profile rear bracket that allows the card to be mounted in slim cases.
The SAPPHIRE FleX family all have on-board hardware UVD (Unified Video decoder), considerably reducing CPU load and delivering smooth decoding of Blu-ray and HD DVD content for both VC-1 and H.264 codecs, as well as Mpeg files. The UVD can decode two 1080p HD video streams simultaneously and display HD video in high quality with Windows Aero mode enabled. The HD 6450 has HDMI 1.4a with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio including support for Stereoscopic 3D output.
The SAPPHIRE FleX family is supported by AMD's DirectX 11 WHQL certified graphics driver which delivers support for all of the key DirectX 11 level features required for the acceleration of next generation high performance applications.
All trademarks acknowledged.
For more details please visit http://www.sapphiretech.com
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design