Iomega, an EMC company and a global leader in data protection, today announced the completion of its new Mac-oriented hard drive line with the launch of the new Iomega eGo Mac Edition Portable Hard Drive, an on-the-go stylish drive with plenty of storage that can withstand drops and still travel easily in a pocketbook or briefcase.
Combined with the recent launches of the Iomega Helium Portable Hard Drive and the Iomega Mac Companion Hard Drive, Iomega now has a complete new line of portable and desktop hard drives for Mac users. All three new drives are formatted HFS+ for compatibility with Mac computers right out of the box, making them perfect complements to today's Apple notebooks and desktops.
"Iomega's new line of hard drives for the Mac gives enthusiasts everything they need in versatile, high performance storage," said Jonathan Huberman, president of Iomega Corporation. "The new rugged Iomega eGo Mac Edition Portable Hard Drive and the compact Iomega Helium Portable Hard Drive are ideal for mobile users, creative professionals and digital enthusiasts who demand a stylish and sure way to store, share and backup all of the files on their Mac computers. On the desktop, the stylish Mac Companion Hard Drive delivers plenty of storage and interface options as well as a first-of-its-kind quick charge for an iPad. All three of these new Iomega hard drives are compatible with Mac Lion OS and Time Machine, giving Mac users the form and function they want as well as the peace of mind that their data is safe and can be automatically backed up."
Two Well-Rounded Portable Hard Drives for Mac Users
Available in 500GB* and 1TB** capacities, the new black Iomega eGo Mac Edition Portable Hard Drive has two FireWire 800 ports and one USB 2.0 port for fast performance and versatile connections. The eGo Mac Edition Portable Hard Drive includes a Drop Guard Case to help protect the drive from drops of up to seven feet. The eGo Mac Edition Portable Hard Drive requires no external power supply, and comes complete with three cables: one USB 2.0 cable, one FireWire 800 cable, and one FireWire 800-FireWire 400 adaptor cable.
Available in 500GB and 1TB capacities, the new Iomega Helium Portable Hard Drive has one USB 2.0 port and a durable aluminum case, giving mobile users and others peace-of-mind when traveling with their Iomega Helium Portable Hard Drive. The Helium Portable Hard Drive requires no external power supply, and comes complete with one USB 2.0 cable.
One Powerful Desktop Hard Drive
Available in 2TB and 3TB capacities, the new Iomega Mac Companion Hard Drive utilizes a fast 7200 RPM 3.5-inch hard drive in a space-saving design that fits perfectly on the base of the Apple iMac or an Apple monitor. Adding peripheral devices to your Apple computer is no problem with the Mac Companion Hard Drive. The stylish silver and black drive includes two FireWire 800 ports, one USB 2.0 port and a two port integrated USB 2.0 hub that lets you connect multiple devices such as a printer or other external storage device. The Mac Companion Hard Drive doesn't require the user to buy extra cables the drive comes complete with one FireWire 800, one conversion FireWire 400-800, and one USB 2.0 cable
Of the many features included with the Mac Companion Hard Drive, Mac users may most appreciate the first-of-its-kind high powered USB charging port for their iPad, iPhone or iPod. (Apple portable products sold separately.) The charging port is a high-powered 2.1 Amp hookup that makes it easy and convenient to charge your iPad and other portable Apple devices so they're ready to go when you are. ***
The new Iomega Mac Companion Hard Drive is the only major branded external HFS+ Mac desktop hard drive on the market today that incorporates a high powered Apple device charging port and a two-port USB 2.0 hub.
Three Drives + Plenty of Software = Total Solutions
Unlike many competing hard drives, the new eGo Mac Edition Portable Hard Drive, as well as the Helium Portable Hard Drive and the Mac Companion Hard Drive, all boast local and online backup, as well as encryption and anti-virus software:
- 256-bit AES encryption keeps files on your drive safe from prying eyes.
- The Iomega Protection Suite, a comprehensive offering of powerful Mac software that includes:
- Iomega QuikProtect for simple scheduled file-level backup.
- MozyHome Online Backup for convenient online backup of up to 2GB free.
- A free 12-month subscription of Trend Micro Smart Surfing for Mac allows users to shop, bank and surf online while staying safe from attacks to your identity and confidential information.
Availability and Warranty
The new Iomega eGo Mac Edition Portable Hard Drive is available worldwide in a 500GB model and a 1TB model. The new Iomega Helium Portable Hard Drive is available worldwide in a 500GB model and a 1TB model. The new Iomega Mac Companion Hard Drive is available worldwide in a 2TB model and a 3TB model.
The Iomega Mac Companion Hard Drive and the Iomega Helium Portable Hard Drive are now available at Apple stores; the Iomega eGo Mac Edition Portable Hard Drive will be available at Apple Stores later this month. All three products are also available or will be available at other select retailers and etailers worldwide.
All three products include a three-year warranty with registration.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny 2 content timed exclusive to PS4 until 2018
- Destiny 2 trailer shows Cabal invading Last City
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design