HELSINKI, FINLAND - NOVEMBER 14, 2011 - FuturemarkĀ®, the world leader in performance benchmarking software, today announced development of a new version of 3DMarkĀ®, the company's flagship benchmark for gamers. 3DMark for Windows 8 (working title) is designed for gaming performance measurement and comparison across all Windows 8 devices from tablets and notebooks to high-end desktop gaming systems. The announcement was accompanied by an atmospheric concept image for the new benchmark showing an elemental rock warrior brandishing two blazing swords.
Jukka MĆ¤kinen, CEO of Futuremark said,
"With Windows 8 gamers will be able to enjoy their games on a wide range of devices from lightweight tablets to heavy-duty desktop rigs. Faced with so much choice it will be hard to work out which devices offer the best value for money. Fortunately 3DMark for Windows 8 will be our most wide-reaching 3DMark ever, able to accurately measure and compare gaming performance across all devices and graphical feature sets available with Windows 8."
3DMark for Windows 8 (working title)
- Measures and compares gaming performance on all Windows 8 devices
- Stunning real-time scenes stress test all levels of hardware
- Supports both x86 and ARM-based architectures
- Can be used in both Metro UI and 'classic' Windows environments
- Created in co-operation with the world's leading technology companies
- Currently in development, expected to be released in 2012
Follow Futuremark on Facebook for the latest 3DMark news: http://www.facebook.com/Futuremark
Download 3DMark 11, 3DMark Vantage or 3DMark06:
Invitation to join the Futuremark Benchmark Development Program
The development of 3DMark for Windows 8 benefits from the co-operation of many of the world's leading technology companies. The Futuremark Benchmark Development Program (BDP) includes AMD, NVIDIA, Microsoft, Imagination Technologies, Dell, HP and other well known companies. Companies wishing to participate in the BDP are invited to contact Oliver Baltuch, Futuremark President via oliver.baltuch [at] futuremark [dot] com or telephone +1-408-718-8363.
About FuturemarkĀ® Corporation
FuturemarkĀ® Corporation creates the world's most popular benchmarks and PC performance tests. Futuremark's free 3DMarkĀ®, PCMarkĀ® and PeacekeeperĀ tests have helped millions of people measure and improve their PCs' performance for games, media, applications and the web. Futuremark Games Studio creates original games with new and entertaining gameplay. The studio is currently developing Unstoppable Gorg for PC, Xbox LIVEĀ® Arcade and iPadĀ®. Futuremark has offices in Saratoga, California and Helsinki, Finland. http://www.futuremark.com/
Latest News Posts
- Unlock Android N's full potential with this top course
- Xiaomi's VR headset looks good and costs only $29
- Xiaomi Mi MIX rocks its edge-to-edge display
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage