Patriot Wildfire series SSDs delivers enterprise-like performance to consumer desktops and notebooks.
FREMONT, CALIF., USA - June 28, 2011 - Patriot Memory, a global pioneer in high-performance memory, NAND flash, storage and enthusiast computer products, today announced it is now shipping their new Wildfire series solid-state drives powered by a new SandForce® SSD processor. The Patriot Wildfire series obliterates expectations of storage devices and delivers enterprise-like performance to consumer desktops and notebooks.
The Wildfire series utilizes the new SandForce® SF-2200 processor enabling it to shatter previous SSD performance records with up to a blazingly-fast 555MB/s sequential read and up to 520MB/s sequential write speeds all backed by a SATA 6.0 Gb/s interface.
"The Patriot Wildfire is the fastest SSD drive we have ever released," says William Lai, Patriot Memory's Product Manager. "Although we are a bit late to market, we wanted to ensure that the technology was rock-solid. We are confident with the latest firmware, Patriot's reputation for quality and performance stand second-to-none."
"We are happy to see Patriot Memory is expanding their current SandForce Driven product line with the new SandForce SF-2200 client SSD Processors," said Kent Smith, Sr. Director of Product Marketing of SandForce. "Patriot has won numerous awards and we anticipate they will win even more with our latest generation 6.0 Gb/s client processor."
The Patriot Wildfire series SSDs ship with the latest 3.1.9 firmware, which has been found to be bug free, and do not fall within the recent recall due to failed drives. In addition the Wildfire series features a standard 2.5-inch form factor for compatibility with notebooks and select desktops. A 2.5-inch to 3.5-inch mounting bracket is included with the Patriot Wildfire for compatibility with standard hard drive mounting.
New Patriot Wildfire series SSDs
120GB & 240GB capacities, 480GB coming soon
SandForce® SF-2200 SSD processor
SATA 6.0 Gbps interface
Up to 555MB/s sequential read speeds
Up to 520MB/s sequential write speeds
Up to 85K 4K random write IOPS
About Patriot Memory
Patriot Memory designs, manufactures and markets high performance, enthusiast memory modules, flash products, and computing technologies. Patriot products have become world renown for their extreme performance, reliability and innovation. Patriot Memory sells its products through original equipment manufacturers, retailers, e-tailers and distributors throughout the world with operations in North America, Asia and Europe. Patriot Memory LLC was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Fremont, California, USA.
Latest News Posts
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- EA's Origin client is getting a new look, currently in beta
- Unlock new career paths with an in-demand tech certification
- Nintendo successfully patents external console upgrade box
- Nintendo NX might support Pokemon Go and other mobile games
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio