ADATA Technology, a leading manufacturer of high-performance DRAM modules and NAND Flash application products, today announced the first shipments of its highly anticipated S511 solid state drive (SSD). ADATA is hardly a newcomer to the SSD field; however the S511 is the company's first foray into the latest SATA 6 Gb/sec specification that employs the SandForce SF-2200 series controller. The timing of this release is consistent with the company's historical balance of speed and thorough testing of new technologies.
According to YJ Choi, Senior Vice President at ADATA. "ADATA does comprehensive testing and review before bringing products to market, to ensure that our customers enjoy a worry-free experience for their systems and data. We are confident that the S511 will provide dependable performance at industry-leading transfer speeds."
The S511 utilizes the new generation SandForce SF-2200 series chip, with native support for the SATA 6Gb/s platform. Extensive internal testing has confirmed read and write speeds twice that of SSDs using the older SATA II specification, with all hardware and firmware elements working flawlessly. In simulation trials, the S511 reached 550/520MB read and write speeds respectively, with 4K random write speeds as high as 60,000 IOPS.
The S511 is available in 60, 120, 240, and 480 gigabyte capacities.
Latest News Posts
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20