Sharkoon today introduced the third edition of its X-Tatic Dolby certified 5.1 headset. This new model has a new design, an improved microphone mount and enhanced functionality.
With eight speakers including two dedicated drivers for bass and a high-end amplifier, the headset envelops users with high quality, authentic surround-sound. Adjustable, padded earpieces and headband ensure the headset is comfortable to wear. The flexible, removable microphone can be adjusted to the most comfortable position. Volume controls are built directly into the 360cm long cable, allowing users to individually adjust the volume for each channel.
The X-Tatic Digital model includes the Sound Control Unit (SCU) with integrated Dolby Digital decoder. In addition to outputting Dolby Digital 2.0, Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Pro Logic signals, the SCU supports the chat functions of the PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as Time Delay (TD) for the rear and centre channels and Dynamic Range Control (DRC).
Whether with a PC, Mac, HiFi system, DVD player, Xbox or Playstation, the SCU allows users to use the headset with practically any analog or digital audio source. The headset's cable ends in a 9-pin connecter that attaches to analog devices through an adaptor and to digital devices through the SCU.
The microphone connects to a PC or Playstation via USB, and to the Xbox via the 2.5mm expansion port on the Xbox's controller. Two AC adaptors are included for the headset and the Sound Control Unit.
In addition Sharkoon includes a cable adaptor (9-pin to 4 x 3.5mm jack plug), USB cable for PC and PS3 microphone functions, a microphone cable for the Xbox 360 (2.5mm jack plug), an S/PDIF optical cable and a handbook.
Sharkoon also offers the X-Tatic Analog version without the Sound Control Unit (SCU). The X-Tatic Analog comes with a 9-pin analog cable, analog adaptor and AC adaptor. The X-Tatic Analog connects to PCs, Macs and other analog audio sources. The Sound Control Unit is likewise available for purchase separately as an upgrade for the Sharkoon X-Tatic Analog. Other 5.1 headsets can connect to the SCU via its analog outputs.
End customers will find the Sharkoon X-Tatic available at the beginning of December from authorized retailers. Suggested retail prices are as follows:
Sharkoon X-Tatic Digital: 109,99 euros
Sharkoon X-Tatic Analog: 64,90 euros
Sharkoon X-Tatic SCU: 67,90 euros
Latest News Posts
- Huawei to launch Honor Note 9 with Infinity Display
- Sharp to launch new high-end TV brand in US
- Musk says Zuckerberg has limited understanding of AI
- New iPhone 8 leaked renders allegedly show final design
- Note8 to have better optical zoom than iPhone 7?
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology