Sharkoon today introduced the third edition of its X-Tatic Dolby certified 5.1 headset. This new model has a new design, an improved microphone mount and enhanced functionality.
With eight speakers including two dedicated drivers for bass and a high-end amplifier, the headset envelops users with high quality, authentic surround-sound. Adjustable, padded earpieces and headband ensure the headset is comfortable to wear. The flexible, removable microphone can be adjusted to the most comfortable position. Volume controls are built directly into the 360cm long cable, allowing users to individually adjust the volume for each channel.
The X-Tatic Digital model includes the Sound Control Unit (SCU) with integrated Dolby Digital decoder. In addition to outputting Dolby Digital 2.0, Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Pro Logic signals, the SCU supports the chat functions of the PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as Time Delay (TD) for the rear and centre channels and Dynamic Range Control (DRC).
Whether with a PC, Mac, HiFi system, DVD player, Xbox or Playstation, the SCU allows users to use the headset with practically any analog or digital audio source. The headset's cable ends in a 9-pin connecter that attaches to analog devices through an adaptor and to digital devices through the SCU.
The microphone connects to a PC or Playstation via USB, and to the Xbox via the 2.5mm expansion port on the Xbox's controller. Two AC adaptors are included for the headset and the Sound Control Unit.
In addition Sharkoon includes a cable adaptor (9-pin to 4 x 3.5mm jack plug), USB cable for PC and PS3 microphone functions, a microphone cable for the Xbox 360 (2.5mm jack plug), an S/PDIF optical cable and a handbook.
Sharkoon also offers the X-Tatic Analog version without the Sound Control Unit (SCU). The X-Tatic Analog comes with a 9-pin analog cable, analog adaptor and AC adaptor. The X-Tatic Analog connects to PCs, Macs and other analog audio sources. The Sound Control Unit is likewise available for purchase separately as an upgrade for the Sharkoon X-Tatic Analog. Other 5.1 headsets can connect to the SCU via its analog outputs.
End customers will find the Sharkoon X-Tatic available at the beginning of December from authorized retailers. Suggested retail prices are as follows:
Sharkoon X-Tatic Digital: 109,99 euros
Sharkoon X-Tatic Analog: 64,90 euros
Sharkoon X-Tatic SCU: 67,90 euros
Latest News Posts
- BMW CEO says there is more room for electric cars in company's lineup
- 'Zoolander 2' teaser hits the catwalk
- Despite number of users, is Apple Music shaping up to be a disaster?
- Edward Snowden wants to see firms fight against encryption demands
- Hackers able to tamper with target of high-tech weapon
- Help building new gaming PC
- Xeon x5460 overclocking settings
- Dual display on Asrock IMB 151N
- New build No Network - Realtek PCIe GBE controller not coming online
- I'm baaaaack
- Corsair Memory, PSUs, and CPU Coolers Pave the Way for Next Gen PC Processors
- Windows 10 Free Upgrade on GIGABYTE Laptops!
- Gamescom 2015 - Vertagear Racing Series at Caseking's Booth
- NVIDIA Recalls Select Shield Tablets over Fire Hazard
- Thermaltake Unveils the Core V51 Riing Edition Window Green PC Chassis