Buffalo unveils sleek piano-black MiniStation and DriveStation
London UK, 22 March 2011 - Buffalo Technology, a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of storage and wireless networking solutions, has announced a stylish design for its external storage range.
Available now, the glossy, piano-black MiniStation portable device and the DriveStation desktop hard drive, will allow users to add additional external storage to any computer or laptop simply using a USB port.
The smooth, lightweight and portable MiniStation is USB powered, meaning there is no additional power supply needed. Available in 500GB and 1.0TB, the MiniStation offers a compact, stylish solution that enables users to store, back up and transport digital images, music and other files without taking up additional storage space from your PC's hard drive.
The black glossy DriveStation comes in both USB 2.0 for the price conscious consumer and USB 3.0 for users wanting faster transfer speeds and automatic backup. The easy to use, plug-and-play device is pre-formatted meaning it is available for immediate use. Not only is it silent, the auto installation and auto power on/off means you can quickly store, access, and transfer files, digital images, documents, and perform back-ups. This single drive device can be positioned vertically or horizontally, conveniently allowing for an efficient use of space. The DriveStation can be purchased in 1TB or 2TB for the USB 2.0 version and 1TB, 2TB and 3TB for the USB 3.0 version.
"Product innovation and engineering excellence have always been at the heart of Buffalo's core values," said Paul Hudson, Sales Director Northern Europe at Buffalo Technology. "Continuing in this tradition, Buffalo is launching a new desktop and portable storage family, providing a balanced blend of reliability, performance and styling at accessible prices for today's ever growing storage needs."
All products are available for purchase immediately at leading outlets such as Amazon.co.uk, eBuyer.com, and dabs.com.
New key features:
PC and Mac compatible
Plug-n-Play - ready for immediate use
USB Powered - no power supply needed
Sleek, compact and lightweight in a black slim line chassis
Available with 320GB and 500GB
USB 2.0 Interface
Pre-formatted drive for immediate use
Easy set-up, no drivers required
Connects to USB on any PC or Mac
Ships as two versions, UK power supply and EU
Available with 1TB or 2TB capacities
DriveStation USB 3.0 HD-LBU3
Buffalo Backup Utility offers you automatic backup of your data
Apple Time Machine® ready to backup via the USB connection
Secure Lock Mobile for Windows® PC encrypts your data preventing unauthorised access
Auto Power On/Off with your PC
Eco Friendly Power Saving Mode (PC Only)
Easy to Install and Set-up
Compatible with PC and Mac
Backwards compatible with any USB 2.0 enabled computers and notebooks
For USB 3.0 transfer speeds, a USB 3.0 interface card (IFC-PCIE2U3) or USB port is required
Stand upright or lay flat to place just about anywhere
2 Years Warranty
Available as 1TB, 2TB and 3TB capacities
Latest News Posts
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4