Erase your discs with Lite-On SmartErase
Sydney, Australia - November 12, 2008 - Philips & Lite-On Digital Solutions (PLDS) is introducing a new generation of 4 different DVD writers, all with higher writing speeds and a unique data erasing feature for DVD±R (DL) and CD-R discs.
By increasing the DVD writing speed to 22X, the Lite-On iHAP322 internal writer offers an up to date solution for those users who are looking for the fastest DVD writing speeds on the market. But what makes the iHAP322 stand out from the crowd is its capability to permanently erase the content of DVD±R (DL) and CD-R discs. Lite-On has developed the SmartErase technology to give users the possibility to permanently erase those discs that contained confidential data that should not be retrievable in any way.
How does it work?
SmartErase overwrites the original data on the disc with random meaningless characters so that the original data can no longer be read by any drive. Once a disc is "SmartErased", you don't have to worry about someone accessing the confidential data that used to be stored on the disc. Where other "techniques" as shredding or breaking a disc, or throw it in the waste bin still have a potential risk of data recovery, SmartErase guarantees that data will be erased permanently.
"As consumers and business professionals have growing needs to protect confidential data," said Gakin Chang, Marketing Manager at PLDS. "SmartErase is an advanced technology to permanently erase data from discs, and users can rest assure that the private and sensitive data is securely erased and unable to recaptured."
To make the technology easy to use, the SmartErase function will be implemented in Nero 7 Essentials, the software package that will be bundled with the Lite-On iHAP322. Users who want to erase their disc, can simply select the application in the Nero screen and can then choose between two erasing strategies:
1. A "Quick Erase" only erases the information stored in the Lead-in area and data stored on the first track of the disc. As a result, a drive can not read the disc anymore, but with data recovery software there is a chance that some data can still be recovered from the parts of the disc that have not been overwritten.
2. A "Full Erase" Overwrites the complete disc. It takes more time then a "Quick Erase", but all the data will be permanently erased.
Manufacturer: Philips Lite-on
Product: iHAP322 22X DVD writer
RRP: There will be three versions of the 22X DVD writers with SmartErase functionality:
1. iHAP322 22X DVD writer with PATA connection RRP:$59.95
2. iHAS322 22X DVD writer with SATA connection RRP:$59.95
3. iHAS422 22X DVD writer with SATA connection and LightScribe RRP: $64.95
Availability: iHAP322,iHAS322 and the iHAS422 will be available in Australia from mid-December 2008.
Distributor: Synnex Australia
PLDS (Philips & Lite-On Digital Solutions) is a joint venture between Royal Philips Electronics and Lite-On IT Corporation, established in 2007 and active in the market of Optical Disc Drives (ODD). The combination of a strong R&D-focus and access to enormous production capacity makes PLDS an industry leading company. PLDS is dedicated to excellence and devote best efforts to further expand innovative quality product offerings for the PC industry and strengthen its top global position in the ODD industry.
Latest News Posts
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- PNY releases the Mini-mobile HP v165w USB 2.0 Flash Drive
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer