Erase your discs with Lite-On SmartErase
Sydney, Australia - November 12, 2008 - Philips & Lite-On Digital Solutions (PLDS) is introducing a new generation of 4 different DVD writers, all with higher writing speeds and a unique data erasing feature for DVD±R (DL) and CD-R discs.
By increasing the DVD writing speed to 22X, the Lite-On iHAP322 internal writer offers an up to date solution for those users who are looking for the fastest DVD writing speeds on the market. But what makes the iHAP322 stand out from the crowd is its capability to permanently erase the content of DVD±R (DL) and CD-R discs. Lite-On has developed the SmartErase technology to give users the possibility to permanently erase those discs that contained confidential data that should not be retrievable in any way.
How does it work?
SmartErase overwrites the original data on the disc with random meaningless characters so that the original data can no longer be read by any drive. Once a disc is "SmartErased", you don't have to worry about someone accessing the confidential data that used to be stored on the disc. Where other "techniques" as shredding or breaking a disc, or throw it in the waste bin still have a potential risk of data recovery, SmartErase guarantees that data will be erased permanently.
"As consumers and business professionals have growing needs to protect confidential data," said Gakin Chang, Marketing Manager at PLDS. "SmartErase is an advanced technology to permanently erase data from discs, and users can rest assure that the private and sensitive data is securely erased and unable to recaptured."
To make the technology easy to use, the SmartErase function will be implemented in Nero 7 Essentials, the software package that will be bundled with the Lite-On iHAP322. Users who want to erase their disc, can simply select the application in the Nero screen and can then choose between two erasing strategies:
1. A "Quick Erase" only erases the information stored in the Lead-in area and data stored on the first track of the disc. As a result, a drive can not read the disc anymore, but with data recovery software there is a chance that some data can still be recovered from the parts of the disc that have not been overwritten.
2. A "Full Erase" Overwrites the complete disc. It takes more time then a "Quick Erase", but all the data will be permanently erased.
Manufacturer: Philips Lite-on
Product: iHAP322 22X DVD writer
RRP: There will be three versions of the 22X DVD writers with SmartErase functionality:
1. iHAP322 22X DVD writer with PATA connection RRP:$59.95
2. iHAS322 22X DVD writer with SATA connection RRP:$59.95
3. iHAS422 22X DVD writer with SATA connection and LightScribe RRP: $64.95
Availability: iHAP322,iHAS322 and the iHAS422 will be available in Australia from mid-December 2008.
Distributor: Synnex Australia
PLDS (Philips & Lite-On Digital Solutions) is a joint venture between Royal Philips Electronics and Lite-On IT Corporation, established in 2007 and active in the market of Optical Disc Drives (ODD). The combination of a strong R&D-focus and access to enormous production capacity makes PLDS an industry leading company. PLDS is dedicated to excellence and devote best efforts to further expand innovative quality product offerings for the PC industry and strengthen its top global position in the ODD industry.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017