PATRIOT ANNOUNCES NEW SANDFORCE¬ģ POWERED WILDFIRE SERIES SSDs
New Patriot Wildfire series SSDs delivers enterprise-class performance to consumer desktops and notebooks.
FREMONT, CALIF., USA - February 24, 2011 -Patriot Memory, a global pioneer in high-performance memory, NAND flash, storage and enthusiast computer products, today announces the new Wildfire series solid-state drives powered by a new SandForce¬ģ SSD processor. The Patriot Wildfire series obliterates expectations of storage devices and delivers enterprise-class performance to consumer desktops and notebooks.
Storage bottlenecks are a thing of the past with the Patriot Wildfire series SSD. The new SandForce¬ģ SF-2200 SSD processor enables the Patriot Wildfire series to shatter previous performance records with up to breathtakingly-fast 500MB/s sequential read and write speeds backed by a SATA 6.0 Gb/s interface.
"The Patriot Wildfire is the fastest SSD drive we have ever released to the public," says Les Henry, Patriot Memory's Vice President of Engineering. "SandForce¬ģ has done a fantastic job engineering the SF-2200 SSD processor and combined with our research and development, we are able to further tweak the design and maximize performance with the processor and our flash memory."
"We are happy to see Patriot Memory is expanding their current SandForce Driven¬ô product line with the new SandForce SF-2200 and SF-2100 Client SSD Processors," said Kent Smith, Sr. Director of Product Marketing of SandForce. "Patriot has won numerous awards and we anticipate they will win even more with our latest generation 6.0 Gb/s client processor."
The Patriot Wildfire series feature a standard 2.5-inch form factor for compatibility with notebooks and select desktops. A 2.5-inch to 3.5-inch mounting bracket is included with the Patriot Wildfire for compatibility with standard hard drive mounting.
Expect the Patriot Wildfire to ship in Q2 2011 in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities.
¬ē New Patriot Wildfire series SSDs
¬ē 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities
¬ē SandForce¬ģ SF-2200 SSD processor
¬ē SATA 6.0 Gb/s interface
¬ē Up to 500 MB/s sequential read and write speeds
For more information on Patriot Memory solutions, please contact your Patriot Sales Representative or visit us at http://www.patriotmemory.com.
About Patriot Memory
Patriot Memory designs, manufactures and markets high performance, enthusiast memory modules, flash products, and computing technologies worldwide. Patriot products have become world renown for their extreme performance, reliability and innovation. Patriot Memory sells its products through original equipment manufacturers, retailers, e-tailers and distributors. It has operations in North America, Asia and Europe. Patriot Memory LLC. was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Fremont, California, USA.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- PS4 Pro 'turns off half the GPU' to run normal PS4 games
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook