Scythe Announces Setsugen 2 VGA Cooler
The Japanese cooler manufacturer Scythe presents a new graphics card cooler called Setsugen 2. The successor of the popular and award-winning Setsugen 1, improving the well-known basic design and is highly compatible with current graphics cards. Four copper-heatpipes distribute heat generated by the graphics card over the entire surface of the cooler. The direct heat dissipation is achieved by a fanned arrangment of the heatpipes. Thanks to this well-balanced heat distribution, the air flow of the built-in 120 mm Slip Stream Slim fan is used with maximum efficiency despite the small dimensions of the heat sink. Low height of only 33 mm allows easy trouble-free SLI / Crossfire mode.
For the active cooling a Slip Stream 120 mm Slim fan with only 12 mm height is used, which allows a speed control range of 800 (± 20%) to 2,000 rpm (± 10%). Thus an air flow of 19.40 to 45.47 CFM / 32-76 m³/hr is generated. Fan speed is controlled by a rotary potentiometer which is easily accessible via a PCI slot bracket on the back of the PC. This allows the user to find the ideal compromise between performance and noise level (from 19.53 to 33.67 dBA) for his system.
For Setsugen 2 a revised version of the U.M.C.P. (Universal Multi-Platform Compatibility Plate) mounting mechanism is used. Two different mounting-plates in connection with the universal backplate provide not only simple and easy bolt assembly, but also an almost across the board compatibility with standard ATI® and NVIDIA® graphics cards. The compatibly list contains among others the ATI® Radeon® HD 5750 / HD 5770 / HD 5830 / HD 5850 / HD 5870 / HD 6950 / HD 6970 and Nvidia® GeForce® GTX 460 / GTX 465 / GTX 470 graphic crads. (See specifications for full compatibility list) Included with the Setsugen 2 graphics card cooler are several aluminum memory heat sinks and special heat sink for VRAM and voltage regulators. Original Scythe thermal compound and a PCI-Express extension cable are supplied as well.
New Scythe Setsugen 2 VGA Cooler (Model No. SCVSG-2000) is already available for 38.90 EUR (excluding VAT).
Model Name: Setsugen 2
Model No.: SCVSG-2000
o NVIDIA: Geforce Fx5900 /6600 /6800 /7300 /7600 /7800 / 7900 /8500 /8600 /8800GTS (G92) /8800 GT (G92) 8800 (G80) /9600 GT /9600 GSO /9800 GT /9800 GTX /9800 GTX+ /GTS 250 /GTX 260 /GTX 275 /GTX 280 /GTX 285 /GTX 460 /GTX 465 /GTX 470
o ATI: 9*** /X*** /X1300 /X1600 /X1650 /X1800 /X1900 /X1950 /HD 2600 /HD 2900XT /HD 3650 /HD 3850 /HD 3870 /HD 4770 /HD 4830 /HD 4850 /HD 4870 /HD 4890 /HD 5750 /HD 5770 /HD 5830 /HD 5850 /HD 5870 /HD6950 / HD6970 (Note: VGA Heatsink compatible with HD 6850/6870,VRAM Heatsink not included)
Overall Dimensions: 176 x 33x 139 mm / 6.93 x 5.47 x 1.30 in
Weight: 435 g / 15.34 oz.
SLI & CF Compatibility: Yes
Supplied Fan: Scythe Slip Stream Slim 120 mm (with fan controller)
Fan Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 12 mm / 4.72 x 4.72 x 0.47 in
Fan Speed: 800 (± 30%) ~ 2,000 rpm (± 10%)
Noise Level: 19.53 ~ 33.67 dBA
Air Flow: 19.40 ~ 45.47 CFM
For more information, visit this page.
Latest News Posts
- Project Cars 2 is rumored to already be in development
- Criminals receiving bitcoin ransom payments converting money fast
- LG's G4 should cost around $800, a little more than the Galaxy S6 edge
- Lenovo's new K80 smartphone features 4GB of RAM, 4000mAh battery
- Vin Diesel announces 'Fast & Furious 8' with an April 2017 release
- ASRock C226 WS graphics output resolution support
- Patriot FUEL iON Magnetic Charging Pad Review
- Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
- SilverStone Fortress SST-FT05B-W Full-Tower Chassis Review
- Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 Error Code 10 and 15
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!
- BIOSTAR brings out the Small but Powerful Hi-Fi B85S1 Motherboard
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X