TRENDnet® Launches Second 3G Wireless N Router
TORRANCE, Calif. -January 5, 2011 -TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces from CES the availability of the ultra portable 3G Mobile Wireless N Router, model TEW-656BRG, which shares a single Internet connection from a compatible SprintT , AT&TT , VerizonT, or other USB 3G / 3.75 G modem with multiple users.
Following the successful launch of TRENDnet's 3G Wireless N Router, model TEW-655BR3G, in April, 2010, TRENDnet began designing a similar product specifically for on-the-go professionals. The key feature of the TEW-655BR3G, launched in April, is its built in battery that powers the router for up to 2.5 hours under full loading. The newer TEW-656BRG is a lighter and smaller 3G router that can slip into any laptop bag unnoticed. It has no battery, and is powered directly from a laptop's USB ports, eliminating the often frustrating search for an electrical outlet (it also comes with an electrical adapter). The device also features a built in hanging hook, allowing users to neatly hang the TEW-656BRG on the back of a laptop screen while working.
Designed for people on the go, this compact router connects to the Internet from any 3G / 3.75G cellular phone signal. No installation is required when the modem is auto-recognized; simply plug the 3G / 3.75G modem into the router to share an Internet connection with multiple users.
Now users can share a single 3G Internet connection while in between flights at the airport, at a job site, car pooling to work, or even on vacation with the family. Consumers need only an active Internet plan with their respective third party 3G / 3.75G Internet service provider. Connecting to the router is easy with Wi-Fi Protected Setup or WPS, which connects computers to the router at the touch of a button. The latest in wireless encryption protects your valuable data and it comes with a handy carrying case.
"The TEW-656BRG provides our customers with even more choices," stated Zak Wood, Director of Global Marketing. "Users who prefer a self powered router can purchase our TEW-655BR3G, and those who prefer the convenience of simply plugging into their laptop to share a single 3G connection will love our new TEW-656BRG."
The 3G Mobile Wireless N Router, model TEW-656BRG, will be available from online and retail partners this April.
The MSRP for the TEW-656BRG is US $69.99
For TRENDnet logos visit: http://trendnet.com/asp/partners/marketing.asp
TRENDnetis an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a completeline of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small tomid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnetis headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch officesin Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet productsare sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistentlyrecognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleledsupport. For more information visit http://www.trendnet.com or call +1 (310) 961-5500.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- those things begin
- across 1950
- claire Miner definitely a upper college student athlete at eastern si
- In that same review
- quite possibly humans perhaps get telltale signs that appear enormous
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines