TRENDnet┬« First to Launch Embedded Green Wireless Technology
TORRANCE, Calif. - January 4, 2011 -TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces from CES the integration of energy efficient GREENwifiT technology in TRENDnet wireless networking solutions, resulting in reduced power consumption of up to 50%.
TRENDnet was one of the first networking hardware brands to launch energy efficient networking technology to the market with the October, 2008 launch of GREENnetT technology. GREENnetT is a TRENDnet wired switch-based technology that determines and supplies the appropriate amount of electrical power to each hardwired switching port as required by the connected device, by the port, or by the length of the connected Ethernet cable. GREENwifiT is based on similar energy saving principals as those of GREENnetT technology.
GREENwifiT reduces power consumption of wireless devices at different stages of the wireless information transfer process. GREENwifiT reduces power consumption when a wireless device is: idle and not connected to another wireless client such as a computer (this represents 70% of the day for the average home router); idle and connected to a wireless client; downloading content; and uploading content. GREENwifiT also reduces power consumption based on wireless signal strength. When a computer is closer to a GREENwifiT router, and connects to the router with a stronger signal strength, the router will automatically lower its output power when conveying information to that specific computer. TRENDnet tests have recorded cumulative energy savings of GREENwifiT products as compared to regular products as high as 50%.
GREENwifi Technology has been integrated into Version 2.0R of TRENDnet's 150Mbps Wireless N Home Router, model TEW-651BR-which will be available for purchase this month. TRENDnet's 150Mbps Micro Wireless N USB Adapter, model TEW-648UBM, has integrated energy saving GREENwifiT technology and is currently available from all TRENDnet online and retail partners. TRENDnet is in the process of integrating GREENwifiT into the Wireless N Home Router Version 3.0R, model TEW-652BRP, available this coming February.
"TRENDnet is excited to be the first networking hardware brand to launch GREENwifiT technology," stated Pei Huang, President and CEO of TRENDnet. "With the pervasiveness of wireless technology in our everyday lives, comes the responsibility of creating more efficient wireless devices. TRENDnet's launch of energy efficient wired GREENnetT technology several years ago, coupled with our first to market launch of GREENwifiT, reaffirms our position as a green networking leader."
For TRENDnet logos visit: http://trendnet.com/asp/partners/marketing.asp
TRENDnetis an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a completeline of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small tomid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnetis headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch officesin Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet productsare sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistentlyrecognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleledsupport. For more information visit http://www.trendnet.com or call +1 (310) 961-5500.
Latest News Posts
- The new Moto X should feature QHD display, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 808
- 'Star Wars' characters join Disney Infinity 3.0
- Killing Floor 2 developer says Sony is 'far easier to work with'
- Intel launches its new Xeon processors, supporting up to 12TB of RAM
- Titanfall 2 launching sometime between April 2016 and March 2017
- Is it possible to upgrade Gigabyte bios setup GUI?
- Patriot Memory Ignite M2 480GB SATA III M.2 SSD Review
- Asus RT-N56U disconnecting every hour
- Supermicro X10DRX (Intel C612) Server Motherboard Review
- Tomorrow, the Bungie team will continue to roll out information for the upcoming Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves
- Samsung Announces PRO Plus and EVO Plus Memory Cards
- Giada Launches Compact i200 Mini-PC for Thin Client, Enterprise and Industrial Applications
- Online Gaming to Fuel $150bn Digital Content Market by 2019, Finds Juniper Research
- Nokia published its corporate responsibility report for 2014