TRENDnet¬ģ First to Launch Embedded Green Wireless Technology
TORRANCE, Calif. - January 4, 2011 -TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces from CES the integration of energy efficient GREENwifiT technology in TRENDnet wireless networking solutions, resulting in reduced power consumption of up to 50%.
TRENDnet was one of the first networking hardware brands to launch energy efficient networking technology to the market with the October, 2008 launch of GREENnetT technology. GREENnetT is a TRENDnet wired switch-based technology that determines and supplies the appropriate amount of electrical power to each hardwired switching port as required by the connected device, by the port, or by the length of the connected Ethernet cable. GREENwifiT is based on similar energy saving principals as those of GREENnetT technology.
GREENwifiT reduces power consumption of wireless devices at different stages of the wireless information transfer process. GREENwifiT reduces power consumption when a wireless device is: idle and not connected to another wireless client such as a computer (this represents 70% of the day for the average home router); idle and connected to a wireless client; downloading content; and uploading content. GREENwifiT also reduces power consumption based on wireless signal strength. When a computer is closer to a GREENwifiT router, and connects to the router with a stronger signal strength, the router will automatically lower its output power when conveying information to that specific computer. TRENDnet tests have recorded cumulative energy savings of GREENwifiT products as compared to regular products as high as 50%.
GREENwifi Technology has been integrated into Version 2.0R of TRENDnet's 150Mbps Wireless N Home Router, model TEW-651BR-which will be available for purchase this month. TRENDnet's 150Mbps Micro Wireless N USB Adapter, model TEW-648UBM, has integrated energy saving GREENwifiT technology and is currently available from all TRENDnet online and retail partners. TRENDnet is in the process of integrating GREENwifiT into the Wireless N Home Router Version 3.0R, model TEW-652BRP, available this coming February.
"TRENDnet is excited to be the first networking hardware brand to launch GREENwifiT technology," stated Pei Huang, President and CEO of TRENDnet. "With the pervasiveness of wireless technology in our everyday lives, comes the responsibility of creating more efficient wireless devices. TRENDnet's launch of energy efficient wired GREENnetT technology several years ago, coupled with our first to market launch of GREENwifiT, reaffirms our position as a green networking leader."
For TRENDnet logos visit: http://trendnet.com/asp/partners/marketing.asp
TRENDnetis an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a completeline of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small tomid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnetis headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch officesin Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet productsare sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistentlyrecognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleledsupport. For more information visit http://www.trendnet.com or call +1 (310) 961-5500.
Latest News Posts
- Apple could launch the iPhone 8 and iPhone 7S this year
- Lenovo confirms smaller battery for the Moto Z2 Play
- First images of Nokia's upcoming flagship leak
- Rare Apple-1 computer from 1976 auctioned for $130,000
- Facebook rolling out 'Order Food' option
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Custom Storage Unit
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning