TRENDnet¬ģ Launches Ground Breaking 450Mbps Wireless Gaming Adapter
TORRANCE, Calif. -January 4, 2011 -TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, announces today from CES, the launch of the first to market 450Mbps Wireless N Gaming Adapter, model TEW-687GA, which networks computers, gaming consoles, televisions, and DVRs to the Internet with never before seen 450Mbps wireless connection speeds.
High performance adapters on the market today produce actual wireless throughput in the 90 Mega bit per second (Mbps) range. In house testing reveals that TRENDnet's TEW-687GA (when paired with a 450Mbps router such as TRENDnet's TEW-691GR) will break the infamous 150Mbps performance barrier! TRENDnet has also recorded sustained wireless transmission bursts in excess of 200Mbps.
Setup is quick and simple, with no drivers to install and a Gigabit Ethernet port maintains high performance wired connections. Advanced Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) antenna technology with three spatial streams per antenna generates a maximum theoretical wireless throughput of 450Mbps.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) integrates other WPS supported wireless adapters at the touch of a button. Gone are the days of entering complicated encryption codes; simply press the WPS button on your router (most TRENDnet routers have a WPS button), and then press the WPS button on the TEW-687GA--the devices will automatically exchange information and connect. WMM¬ģ Quality of Service (QoS) technology prioritizes gaming, Internet calls, and video streams. LEDs on the front of the adapter convey device status. Cut your cables and start winning with ultra-high performance 450Mbps wireless n.
"TRENDnet was ecstatic to be able to deliver the first ever 450Mbps wireless n router to market in early June of last year, followed by the first ever 450Mbps access point last month," stated Pei Huang, President and CEO of TRENDnet. "The fact that we are also on pace to launch the very first 450Mbps wireless n adapter is yet another signal of TRENDnet's ability to innovate in the wireless networking space."
The 450Mbps Wireless N Gaming Adapter, model TEW-687GA, comes with a three year limited warranty and will be available from TRENDnet's online and retail partners this month.
The MSRP for the TEW-687GA is U.S. $ 149.99.
For TRENDnet logos visit: http://trendnet.com/asp/partners/marketing.asp
TRENDnetis an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a completeline of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small tomid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnetis headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch officesin Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet productsare sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistentlyrecognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleledsupport. For more information visit http://www.trendnet.com or call +1 (310) 961-5500.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup