TRENDnet¬ģ Launches Ground Breaking 450Mbps Wireless Gaming Adapter
TORRANCE, Calif. -January 4, 2011 -TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, announces today from CES, the launch of the first to market 450Mbps Wireless N Gaming Adapter, model TEW-687GA, which networks computers, gaming consoles, televisions, and DVRs to the Internet with never before seen 450Mbps wireless connection speeds.
High performance adapters on the market today produce actual wireless throughput in the 90 Mega bit per second (Mbps) range. In house testing reveals that TRENDnet's TEW-687GA (when paired with a 450Mbps router such as TRENDnet's TEW-691GR) will break the infamous 150Mbps performance barrier! TRENDnet has also recorded sustained wireless transmission bursts in excess of 200Mbps.
Setup is quick and simple, with no drivers to install and a Gigabit Ethernet port maintains high performance wired connections. Advanced Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) antenna technology with three spatial streams per antenna generates a maximum theoretical wireless throughput of 450Mbps.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) integrates other WPS supported wireless adapters at the touch of a button. Gone are the days of entering complicated encryption codes; simply press the WPS button on your router (most TRENDnet routers have a WPS button), and then press the WPS button on the TEW-687GA--the devices will automatically exchange information and connect. WMM¬ģ Quality of Service (QoS) technology prioritizes gaming, Internet calls, and video streams. LEDs on the front of the adapter convey device status. Cut your cables and start winning with ultra-high performance 450Mbps wireless n.
"TRENDnet was ecstatic to be able to deliver the first ever 450Mbps wireless n router to market in early June of last year, followed by the first ever 450Mbps access point last month," stated Pei Huang, President and CEO of TRENDnet. "The fact that we are also on pace to launch the very first 450Mbps wireless n adapter is yet another signal of TRENDnet's ability to innovate in the wireless networking space."
The 450Mbps Wireless N Gaming Adapter, model TEW-687GA, comes with a three year limited warranty and will be available from TRENDnet's online and retail partners this month.
The MSRP for the TEW-687GA is U.S. $ 149.99.
For TRENDnet logos visit: http://trendnet.com/asp/partners/marketing.asp
TRENDnetis an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a completeline of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small tomid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnetis headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch officesin Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet productsare sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistentlyrecognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleledsupport. For more information visit http://www.trendnet.com or call +1 (310) 961-5500.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 Pro runs 'hot enough to cook an egg'
- Resident Evil 7 FPS uncapped on PC, settings revealed
- The Last Guardian pre-order numbers have surprised Sony
- ESA gets $425 million extra to complete ExoMars mission
- Pok√©mon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand