Super Talent Introduces USB 3.0 Hard Drive
External 500GB HDD for only $99
San Jose, California - December 14th 2010 - Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, today announced their newest USB 3.0 entrant, the USB 3.0 Storage PodTM.
With 3x the available power and a theoretical throughput that is 10x faster than its predecessor, USB 3.0 was made for external storage. Super Talent's new USB 3.0 Storage Pod unlocks the true performance of modern hard drives and enables them to reach speeds that were previously only obtainable on the SATA bus, yet remain fully backward compatible to the millions of USB 2.0 enabled products; something that eSATA was never able to do.
"The USB 3.0 Storage POD is going to change the perception of external storage. No longer should an external USB drive seen simply as second-class storage. Now you can upgrade the storage capabilities of your existing system without opening the case and in a convenient form factor that you can take with you anywhere"., - CH Lee COO of SuperTalent.
Once relegated as a convenient peripheral used for system backups, external USB hard drives have come a long way. USB 3.0 Storage POD enables an external drive to function as fast as or faster than the internal hard drive. The Storage POD is ideal for anyone who wishes to expand the storage capabilities of their current machine. It's not just for backups any more.
Completely powered by the USB bus, the Storage POD is ideal for travelers. Requiring no external power adapter, the new 500GB USB 3.0 Storage POD reaches speeds of up to 90 MB/s, yet remains fully-backward compatible to the USB 2.0 standard, and it weighs a mere 200 grams. For about the same price as a USB 2.0 external drive, the USB 3.0 Storage POD truly delivers on price, performance and convenience. Its external storage without compromise.
Starting today, Super Talent will begin offering the 500GB Storage POD for only $99.99!! The USB 3.0 Storage POD will start shipping in early January.
About Super Talent Technology
Super Talent Technology Corporation based in San Jose, California, designs and manufactures a full range of DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory modules and Flash based storage devices for computers and consumer electronics. An ISO 9001 certified company, Super Talent utilizes its state-of-the-art factories and leading-edge components to produce award winning products with outstanding reliability. Super Talent is an active member of the JEDEC and ONFI standards bodies. With over 250 patents, the company was ranked 38th in the 2009 Wall Street Journal's Patent ScorecardTM for the IT industry.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi is rumored to announce a VR headset on August 1
- Farming Simulator 2017 gameplay trailer released
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has gone gold, is ready for August 24 release
- EA is centralizing its Battlefield games under a single UI
- AMD details their new Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 graphics cards
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio