Patriot Announces Ultra-Fast Single-Chip USB 3.0 Flash Drive
New Supersonic flash drives deliver blazing-fast external USB 3.0 storage in a portable form factor
FREMONT, CALIF., USA - December 9, 2010 - Patriot Memory, a global pioneer in high-performance memory, NAND flash, storage and enthusiast computer products, today announces the Supersonic USB 3.0 flash drive series with a native single-chip USB 3.0 controller. The Patriot Supersonic series breaks away from typical USB 3.0 flash drive and delivers blazing-fast performance with its Quad-Channel technology in a miniature ultra-light form factor.
The Patriot Supersonic series eliminates performance bottlenecks introduced when using a separate USB 3.0 bridge chip by integrating a native USB 3.0 flash memory controller. This results in a smaller footprint and higher performance than bridge based solutions - see chart below.
"Patriot is one of the first companies to integrate a native single-chip USB 3.0 flash memory controller. By pairing the controller with our Quad-Channel technology, we're able to maximize performance with the Supersonic series," says Les Henry, Patriot Memory's Vice President of Engineering. "We are able to shrink the physical size of the USB 3.0 flash drives for even greater portability."
An aluminium housing makes the Supersonic series ultra-lightweight, portable and stylish. The housing delivers extreme durability with shock resistance up to 15Gs to ensure safe transportation of your data.
Expect the Patriot 32GB and 64GB Supersonic USB 3.0 flash drives to be available early Q1 2011.
Patriot Supersonic Series - single-chip USB 3.0 flash drives
32GB and 64GB capacities
Sequential read speed: 100MB/s
Sequential write speed: 70MB/s
For more information about Patriot's products and solutions, please contact your Patriot Sales Representative or visit http://www.patriotmemory.com/
About Patriot Memory:
Patriot Memory designs, manufactures and markets high performance, enthusiast memory modules, flash products, and computing technologies. Patriot products have become world renown for their extreme performance, reliability and innovation. Patriot Memory sells its products through original equipment manufacturers, retailers, e-tailers and distributors. It has operations in North America, Asia and Europe. Patriot Memory LLC, was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Fremont, California, USA.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives