Patriot Memory® Refreshes High-Definition Media Player
Features added, improved user interface, new packaging
Fremont, California, USA, November 8, 2010 - Patriot Memory, a global pioneer in high-performance memory, NAND flash, storage and enthusiast computer products, today announced a refresh of their High-Definition media player product line. The Patriot Box Office has undergone a series of changes adding improved functionality, an enhanced user interface, new product packaging and a new product name. Box Office is now named PBO Core: a name inspired by the legions of devoted fans and active forum participants who often discuss the product under the name "PBO", short for Patriot Box Office.
PBO Core has an enhanced User Interface which is more visually pleasing, while also proving to be easier to use and navigate. Functionality has been enhanced with the addition of Internet Media Services (IMS), greater compatibility with HDTV's, ability to play data from external optical USB devices and album artwork during audio playback. The addition of IMS provides a variety of streaming and internet enabled services such as video RSS feeds, streaming podcasts, online photo albums, live stock info, weather, news and more! The latest firmware which provides these features and improved user interface is available now and is backwards compatible with all Patriot Box Office media players on the market.
"What started as a standard firmware update had grown in scope and importance to include our community of users" states Jack Chen, Director of Business Development at Patriot Memory. "In forums across the web, our community of users provide feedback and ideas on how to enhance their experience using our media player. We've taken their ideas, made improvements and rolled the result out as a new product worthy of our adoring fans: PBO Core."
The PBO Core high-definition media player has been the winner of numerous awards and industry accolades. PBO Core provides a bridge to bring your digital media from your PC or network and into your living room. High-Definition is the focus and PBO Core doesn't fall short of expectations: with an included HDMI 1.3a cable, support for full HD 1080p video playback, surround sound of 5.1 or 7.1 with Dolby® Digital and DTS, and the largest media file compatibility list available. PBO Core will be available in its new packaging soon, wherever you purchase Patriot Memory products, and the firmware is immediately available to update any existing Box Office media player.
For more information on the PBO Core High-Definition media player, please visit the product page here.
For the product image embedded above, please visit the following link here.
About Patriot Memory:
Patriot Memory designs, manufactures and markets high performance, enthusiast memory modules, flash products, and computing technologies. Patriot products have become world renown for their extreme performance, reliability and innovation. Patriot Memory sells its products through original equipment manufacturers, retailers, e-tailers and distributors. It has operations in North America, Asia and Europe. Patriot Memory's parent company, PDP Systems, Inc., was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Fremont, California, USA.
Latest News Posts
- Crucial expands its affordable MX300 SSD range with 3 new drives
- AMD Radeon Pro graphics card powers 16K display, or 15,360 x 8640
- Microsoft will use Windows 10 to sabotage Steam, says Epic Games boss
- Vizio acquired by LeEco, a Chinese electronics giant for $2 billion
- LG confirms $1.75 billion investment in flexible OLED displays
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio